Server Crashes Scanning Folders

Steverido
Go to solution Solved by Steverido,

Steverido

Hi, Setup MB3 server and classic yesterday and added folders which amount to 2.10 TBytes. My folder scan always crashes at about 68%. Message comes up exception of type 'system out of memory exception' was thrown.

My PC has 16 gig of RAM and so I know this is not the real issue.

Anyone have any ideas please?

Can I run both MB2 and 3 until 3 is more stable?

Thanks

Hi Steverido,

Please post some logs so we can see what is happening. This post here explains how to report a problem

MB3 is pretty stable with a huge amount of people running it but in saying that it is still beta so issues do arise.

Edited by Yogi

swhitmore

Can I run both MB2 and 3 until 3 is more stable?

MB3 is pretty stable for most people. MB2 can be run with MB3, but it's not recommended. You cannot run MBC with MB2 though. Post your logs as recommended above, and I'm sure we can solve the issue.

• Solution
Steverido

Hey Guys,

I have sussed out some of the issues. I did not have the individual folders set up correctly. I named the folder when I set it up and thought that I had located it but had not. I deleted all folders and assigned one by one and it worked. I was still get an exception when it was scanning people. Not sure what that is yet. Copied in log for you to check.

I hope that you find the issue.

Thanks for helping so far. I like the look of it so far. Looks nice and shiny like Windows 8 and certainly is faster.

Just need to find a better set up for the remote. Still using an infra red remote from an old Hauppage USB. Not that great.

server-63517374175.log

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

I have sussed out some of the issues. I did not have the individual folders set up correctly. I named the folder when I set it up and thought that I had located it but had not. I deleted all folders and assigned one by one and it worked. I was still get an exception when it was scanning people. Not sure what that is yet. Copied in log for you to check.

I hope that you find the issue.

Thanks for helping so far. I like the look of it so far. Looks nice and shiny like Windows 8 and certainly is faster.

Just need to find a better set up for the remote. Still using an infra red remote from an old Hauppage USB. Not that great.

The Root element is missing error is coming from MCM creating empty collection.xml files. You should report a bug on MCM forums. I've already let Pete know.

• Like 1

Steverido

Hey Guys,

Notification in webserver;

Scan media library failed

12 hours ago

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

12 hours ago

Refresh people failed

16 hours ago

16 hours ago

18 hours ago

Logs are coming later. I am scanning folders once more after a break .

Will update outcome soon .

Steverido

I have sent a message to Pete and copied in yours so will get back to you once I have results.

Thanks for help so far.