Setting up a local server from SD card in Android

xanthium

xanthium

I have an Android device running emby, and I've saved some music files in /SD Card/Android/data/com.emby.embyserver/files.  I'd like to set up a local server so that I can access these from another device. However, I'm not seeing these when I scan my library. Currently I have the library pointing to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.emby.embyserver/files. Is there a different place I need to be pointing the library to? When I set the library path I also see options like "/storage/3E45-9223" but nothing happens when I click the arrow to the right near them. I found this question but I'm still not sure what to do.

(I plan to eventually set up an SSL server but no questions about that for now.) Many thanks

Edited by xanthium
added detail

xanthium

Not quite, sorry for the unclear title. I am running the emby server app on an Android phone, and trying to access data that's on the same Android's SD card from a different device over the emby server. Hope that's a bit clearer. Is this possible?

GrimReaper

/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.emby.embyserver/files is your internal Emby directory; are your music files there or on an external SD card?

GrimReaper

AFAIK Emby should have access to it's own folder on external SD card, so not clear why's your /storage/3E45-9223 coming up empty. Have you tried moving a song or two to internal storage and test? 

Btw, just installed and tested on my Android 8 tablet, have no issues accessing Emby data folder on external SD:

Screenshot_20220124-145034.thumb.jpg.32f09e86d2e167345c5aced7df29a7f5.jpg

@Luke

xanthium

Yeah it's weird! Yes, I'm able to access from internal storage when I move a song to: Internal Storage/Android/data/com.emby.server/files/[Album Name]

I just can't to the same with files on the SD card: I can type in the path the same as you did but when I click OK it says "There was an error adding the media path. please ensure the path is valid and the emby server process has access to that location""

EDIT: wasn't working before but now it is

Edited by xanthium