Next Up and Continue Watching - See All option

imanchickrum

imanchickrum

I noticed that the Android TV version of Emby has a limited number of things displayed in the Continue Watching and Next Up rows. Other versions of Emby such as Android, Theatre and the webapp has an option to "See All" which will then display a grid view of everything that's going on in those two filters. 

Is there any way to see more things in either of these two rows? Perhaps it could be an future enhancement? 

Thanks!

Edited by imanchickrum

Hi.  You cannot right now in that app but you can side load the standard app onto the device if you wish.

imanchickrum
4 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  You cannot right now in that app but you can side load the standard app onto the device if you wish.

I'll give that a shot! Does it offer the same playback quality (4k, Atmos,etc) and TV-layout?

Edit:

The video files all play fine including stuff like 4k DV, Atmos and etc.

However, the Android app still doesn't provide the See All option and seems like the headers (Next Up and Continue Watching) are not selectable. It also seems to be overly sensitive with the Dpad controls (Nvidia Shield remote).

It was great to see that the Android app had a TV layout too though!

Edited by imanchickrum

It also seems to be overly sensitive with the Dpad controls (Nvidia Shield remote).

This is resolved for the next update to the app. Thanks.

• Like 1

imanchickrum
4 hours ago, Luke said:

This is resolved for the next update to the app. Thanks.

Thanks! Any thoughts on the See All options for those two rows? Or even just an ability to see more of those items?

Thanks again

It's possible although those rows currently make all results available so that's why it isn't there.

Mister D
On 1/24/2022 at 11:29 AM, Luke said:

It's possible although those rows currently make all results available so that's why it isn't there.

I would love if this functionality was available in the Android TV app. I have a lot of series that I'm currently watching and sometimes I want to pick up a show I haven't watched in a while. I have a lot of TV series so it would be pretty cool if I could just use the See All option to view everything I've started watching without having to go through my full listing of TV shows.

• 11 months later...
StevenDTX

Any chance of "forever scroll" coming to Next Up on Android TV?

I side-loaded the standard Android client earlier in the year as suggested, but Im having problems with some HDR content on it now.

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, StevenDTX said:

Any chance of "forever scroll" coming to Next Up on Android TV?

Wouldn't count on it as it will (unfortunately) eventually get replaced by standard Android app. 

StevenDTX
Just now, GrimReaper said:

Wouldn't count on it as it will (unfortunately) eventually get replaced by standard Android app. 

That's unfortunate as the Android TV version works flawlessly, whereas I have random playback issues (mainly related to HDR content) on the standard Android app.

On 12/31/2022 at 9:54 PM, StevenDTX said:

That's unfortunate as the Android TV version works flawlessly, whereas I have random playback issues (mainly related to HDR content) on the standard Android app.

@StevenDTX 

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

StevenDTX
9 hours ago, Luke said:

@StevenDTX 

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

After a LOT of further testing yesterday, the Android TV version isn't working correctly either. 

I'm happy to provide a sample, but basically, its any DV Profile 8 video is not falling back to HDR10.  I found another couple of threads about it already.  The profile 8 videos play fine on the same Shield 2017 with Kodi or Just Video Player, but not on either Emby app. They end up transcoding.