What is the latest samsung official version of emby?

jdbigguy
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

jdbigguy

Hello, I currently have version 1.0.94 installed, but can see there have been multiple updates since then. Updating even after  uninstalling and unplugging the tv still leaves me with 1.0.94. After almost 40 minutes on the phone with "tech support" they clearly had no idea which version they are holding on their servers and from previous experience I know the update process does not always work.

I have a Samsung TV UE65KU6000KXXU with the latest version of their firmware.

What is the latest Samsung official version of emby?

• Solution
FrostByte

Who were you talking to, Samsung support?

BTW the latest version is 1.1.10.  However, if you're getting the app from the Samsung store then you might have the latest available there.  Samsung is no longer accepting or supporting app updates for 2016 TVs.  In order to update you will now need to download updates from GitHub and load them via usb stick.

The link and instructions are in the pinned post.

• Thanks 1

jdbigguy
7 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Who were you talking to, Samsung support?

BTW the latest version is 1.1.10.  However, if you're getting the app from the Samsung store then you might have the latest available there.  Samsung is no longer accepting or supporting app updates for 2016 TVs.  In order to update you will now need to download updates from GitHub and load them via usb stick.

The link and instructions are in the pinned post.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, I was talking to Samsung support, and they didn't mention they are not supporting apps on my TV any more. I guess that is why they were being so unhelpful and cagey. £1200 TV and obsoleted after only five years.

FrostByte

Agree, I'm coming up on 5 years next year and already researching who I may go with.

You can still update; it's just going to be a little more painful now with all the restrictions Samsung puts on updating