Emby Theater navigation issue

jellovator

jellovator

Weird issue that just started. I am running Windows Server 2019, Emby Server and Emby Theater installed on the same machine. Been working fine for years. All of a sudden I had to restart the computer and now in Theater when I navigate into a movie or TV show, the navigation stops working. The green highlight disappears and the only thing that works is the back button (I am using remote, but same thing happens with keyboard). I can use the mouse to click the Play button and that works. When I navigate into a TV show folder, it only shows the first episode and doesn't show the season folders or anything else. Same deal, I can't navigate with remote or keyboard. It makes a "ding" sound when I try to navigate but the green highlight doesn't show until I press Back and get back to the home screen. If I select a TV episode from the Next Up or Latest Episodes, it shows that episode and nothing else. It doesn't show the list of episodes in the current season. I tried logging in as a different user and same thing happens. I created a new user, same thing happens.

I have tried completely uninstalling Theater AND Emby Server, choosing the options to completely remove everything. I have made sure the app folders are completely deleted, and then reinstalled everything. Same issue. I checked recent Windows Updates and there have been no updates installed in the last few weeks. I have not changed anything on the computer at all. I literally just rebooted and this started. I have tried rebooting a few times too. I have checked Display settings, video drivers, and a few other things but none of the settings have changed.

Any ideas? I can't tell if this is a Server issue or a Theater issue. I have attached my server log and Theater log.

embyserver.txt theater-63778142893.txt

Running Emby Theater on Windows 10

Emby Theater was working fine yesterday. Today, while the Home Screen seems to work properly, all sub-screens produce incomplete pages with no content below the description field. The cursor is not placed anywhere, so remote control does not function without first being placed with a mouse click TV Show titles are not linked so there is no way to browse within a show. The software is almost completely useless in this state.

I restarted Emby multiple times and restarted Windows with no effect.

seanbuff

FWIW - I cannot reproduce this against a beta server.

Are you both running Emby Server stable?

How does the web app compare?

Actually I retract that statement after I just restarted Theater to check its version. Can confirm I am also seeing these navigation issues.

@Luke

Edited by seanbuff
redacted statement

I restarted both the server and client and the situation remains the same

seems ok now

Edited by Gobaan
correction