Specific movie won't play

EmbyParty

EmbyParty

I have a library with many movies some 4k HDR. All but one movie play well. The movie "Forest Gump" that won't play plays on every other device (direct play or converted). Has anyone an idea what the problem is and how to solve? I purchased an lan-dongle for the tv already checked the bandwidth so the high bitrate shouldn't be the problem for direct play. Ideas? Thanks for your help.

ffmpeg-transcode-1b6bd4da-3fd5-4638-9dc2-4e2c45d47eab_1.txt

EmbyParty

Hi Luke

Nothing happend, it seems to stuck. My NAS CPU usage doesn't change nor does it play. After a while I see an error message "no compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details." As I said, I can play these files convertet or direct play (depending on the net-bandwith) on a mobile device or direct play or on a computer. So it seems a problem with the app on the lg tv. Thanks for your help!

Cheers, Rafael

On 1/24/2022 at 2:59 PM, EmbyParty said:

Hi Luke

Nothing happend, it seems to stuck. My NAS CPU usage doesn't change nor does it play. After a while I see an error message "no compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details." As I said, I can play these files convertet or direct play (depending on the net-bandwith) on a mobile device or direct play or on a computer. So it seems a problem with the app on the lg tv. Thanks for your help!

Cheers, Rafael

@EmbyParty can you try turning off subtitles prior to playback and let me know how that compares? Thanks.

28 minutes ago, EmbyParty said:

Even at playback, as soon as I set subtitles the playback stops.

The TV does not support the subtitle format (PGS), therefore Emby Server has to burn them into the video with video transcoding. But that is a very intensive process and your server machine can't do it quickly enough to be playable.

Your better off with external text subtitles, and our subtitle download features can help with that.

EmbyParty

Hi Luke

I apologize for the late answer. I tested several movies with the same results: it's the subtitle. I therefore tried to download srt-subtitle. unfortunately, with no success. What am I doing wrong? I don't find an entry in the log thus I posted the alerts.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers Rafael

image.png.52bb60411ab70f60263958e624f47926.png

6 hours ago, EmbyParty said:

Hi Luke

I apologize for the late answer. I tested several movies with the same results: it's the subtitle. I therefore tried to download srt-subtitle. unfortunately, with no success. What am I doing wrong? I don't find an entry in the log thus I posted the alerts.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers Rafael

image.png.52bb60411ab70f60263958e624f47926.png

Looks like the server tried to download subtitles but the provider was unavailable at the time. I would give it a shot again later and let us know how things go. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
EmbyParty

I'd like to thank for the support and close this thread. I tried several times to download subtitles and always failed. But after an update of the emby app on my lg tv I can download subtitles. Problem solved:-)