Repeated "Error sending socket message" in log

Tehfru
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

I'm been adding some new media and restructuring some directory trees when I noticed a repeated error in the logs.

2022-01-18 11:36:51.447 Error App: Error sending socket message from 10.0.0.7:35907 to 239.255.255.250:1900
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.6.7.0
    Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
    Operating system: Linux version 4.19.0-18-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc version 8.3.0 (Debian 8.3.0-6)) #1 SMP Debian 4.19.208-1 (2021-09-29)
    Framework: .NET Core 3.1.21
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 8
    Data path: /var/lib/emby
    Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (13): Permission denied
       at Rssdp.SsdpCommunicationsServer.SendFromSocket(Tuple`3 socketTuple, Memory`1 messageData, IPEndPoint destination, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: System.Private.CoreLib
    TargetSite: Void Throw()

I haven't noticed anything different but library scans take a hot minute, I assumed this was because of the size of the library. I'm attaching a log from just after the emby-server service was restarted. Also a detailed system spec and permissions for the relevant program directories. I can provide shots of the media directories permissions as well if needed

system details:

Distributor ID: Debian
Description:    Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Release:        10
Codename:       buster

kernal: #1 SMP Debian 4.19.208-1 (2021-09-29)

Emby server: 4.6.7.0

Any insight on the issue is greatly appreciated.

emby-error.log emby-perms.txt server-spec.txt

Hello Tehfru,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Thanks for your quick reply Luke. If you have a free second at some point in the future could you elaborate on the cause of the error? Just for curiosity 

I think this issue is limited to servers exposed directly on the internet. There is a network interface reported by the system pointing directly to the outside, so Emby Server ends up adding it to it's local address list and trying to use it for things like Dlna on the local network. This should hopefully no longer occur with the upcoming 4.7 release. Thanks.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Henry78 said:

Still happens with 4.7.0.2 beta

Hi, that's a very old beta release. Please try updating to the latest. Thanks 

• 1 year later...
athinaok

I know this is old post but i still have this error in my logs

Version 4.9.0.14 beta

*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.9.0.14
Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -defaultdirectory /volume1/Public -updatepackage emby-server-synology72_{version}_x86_64.spk
Operating system: Linux version 4.4.302+ (root@build5) (gcc version 12.2.0 (GCC) ) #69057 SMP Fri Jan 12 17:02:28 CST 2024
Framework: .NET 8.0.0
OS/Process: x64/x64
Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
Processor count: 4
Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (13): Permission denied
at Rssdp.SsdpCommunicationsServer.SendFromSocket(Tuple`3 socketTuple, Memory`1 messageData, IPEndPoint destination, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Source: System.Private.CoreLib
TargetSite: Void Throw()

embyserver (4).txt

Edited by athinaok