Need Tutorial on Shield / Emby server relationship (23.976HZ)

1971camaroguy

1971camaroguy

So I have been using emby for several years now, along with Nvida Shields in a couple of rooms. I chose the shield for the ablity to direct play almost any file.

I have a server running emby, the latest incarnation is running emby in a docker on unraid

I have a Dune HD Max 4k that I have played around with a bit and quality wise it produces a sharper and clearer picture. But the gui sucks and the emby app in shield looks a lot nicer

One thing I have noticed with these higher end media boxes (Dune, Ziddo, Zappiti ect) is that they market them as being able to play back 23.976 HZ to reduce stuttering on projectors.

From what I can tell this is what Blue Rays are produced on. I don't fully understand this, and was hoping to explain this to me and if the shield is capable of this and if there are settings I need to tweak. I want to make sure I am getting the most out of it.

I'm not having any issues that I have noticed, and I am still putting my theater back together (Bought a used epson 6040UB projector).

Just trying to forward think here. Most of the research I have done, get's pretty confusing.

Thanks again

zappiti2.png

Edited by 1971camaroguy

Hi.  Yes, our app on the Shield can automatically switch your display to that mode (there is an option in the app settings).  However, if you aren't having any issues, I wouldn't turn that on because it may not be necessary (your TV or projector may be adjusting itself) and the mode switch does take a second or two at the beginning of playback.