Cannot Download from Remote Emby Server UPnPError

davidb7170

JeremyR
3 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Port Mapper is just a uPnP client that opens the ports dynamically on your router - if you disable it and emby still works (streams + Browser download) then you can safely remove it as it is unnecessary.  You must have added port forwarding manually on your router (which is a much better solution anyway).  This is for your emby SERVER - it has nothing to do with the Emby CLIENT (ET or Browser).

Simply put - if the downloads work with a browser - then the issue is 100% with ET.  

I don't use ET, so I'm unsure if it has any logs...

Yeah, Luke pointed to ET 390 earlier and the fact that Android ET works just fine and browsers work just fine and streaming works, points pretty at Windows ET.

davidb7170

I saw that Emby Theater version 1.1.392.0 is up on Windows Store, updated and it seems to be working now for transfers. I verified with my friend, and his is working now as well. Thanks!

Dave.

Edited by davidb7170
additional text
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OurfamilySpot
On 1/15/2022 at 1:35 PM, davidb7170 said:

Interesting. Can I assume your Emby server is on an Apple computer running an Apple OS? That would probably shoot the Windows 10 update theory in the butt... It would move the likely culprit back to Emby server, the port plugin, or Emby theater...

Dave 

No, I am running on a Western Digital PR4100 NAS for my server.

The version on my iPhone/iPad of ET is 2.1.1.   All my videos are encoded at 480p.    I would not want any of them to be converted.   They are all well below the quality level the device reasonably supports.

I tried changing the download quality from original, to 15MB, 12MB and 4MB.   In each case I just see them "Ready" and never sent.   I also tried originating the download from the server and from the iPhone...

Can this be fixed?

Edited by OurfamilySpot

13 minutes ago, OurfamilySpot said:

No, I am running on a Western Digital PR4100 NAS for my server.

The version on my iPhone/iPad of ET is 2.1.1.   All my videos are encoded at 480p.    I would not want any of them to be converted.   They are all well below the quality level the device reasonably supports.

I tried changing the download quality from original, to 15MB, 12MB and 4MB.   In each case I just see them "Ready" and never sent.   I also tried originating the download from the server and from the iPhone...

Can this be fixed?

Make sure you're keeping the iOS app open on the target device. It's OK for it to be in the background, but it can't swipe closed.

OurfamilySpot

ok, after about 30 minutes it downloaded.   Is there anyway to enable "Original" quality?    I have no need to reduce these any further as they are all already converted to 480p and small in size.

And my "test" server is a WD EX Ultra 2, which lacks the horsepower to really be doing conversions....

Edited by OurfamilySpot

OurfamilySpot

Well I am back on this.   I updated to 4.7.0.20 and now I can not download files to any IOS device regardless of the quality level.   I am attaching a debug server log.   Can someone help me with what to look at or do?

Self-Solved.    I deleted the cache directory and restarted the server.   Downloads working….

Edited by OurfamilySpot

Self-Solved.    I deleted the cache directory and restarted the server.   Downloads working….

Hi, that's strange, but thanks for following up on this.