emby functionality and subtitles?

Notanothername

Notanothername

Hi, so I am new to emby and just finished installing it on my windows server and my LG TV.

What I saw is I could select a dozen of subtitle configuration options and on which server emby should check for updates. There were like 5 to 6 columns just for that.

Then when watching my first movie I tried to click the functionality of subtitles but then it said I have to pay for premium to unlock that feature.

So what features can I actually use with the free version and what "addons" should I check out? I am really new.

thanks for help and tips.

Hi, the convenience of downloading subtitles during playback is an Emby Premiere feature, but you can still use the other manual and automatic subtitle download features without Emby Premiere.

You can learn more about Emby Premiere here:

https://emby.media/premiere

and https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001173099-emby-premiere-feature-matrix

Thanks !

Notanothername

Ok thanks for the links and all! I took a look at it.

Now lets cut to the chase. I am torn to get a lifetime of emby or rather plex.

Can anyone list up some things why I would rather get emby than the other one? Or what customer would be satisfied with one or the other.

• 2 weeks later...
Notanothername

2 more Questions:

Is there a way to stop emby always asking me for premium purchase every time I start it?
Like I get it every single day on my TV which is very annoying. 

Also I noticed sometimes emby doesnt show the full name of the movie/filename. Can I edit that somehow?
Cause now I have to go into that file and look there to see which episode it is. And when I go back one level up it erases the file in the "recently added" cause I looked at it and now it thinks its not recently added anymore.

Also I noticed sometimes emby doesnt show the full name of the movie/filename. Can I edit that somehow?

Hi, where are you referring to? Can you please give an example? Thanks.