Mixing to show and movie in library chronologically.

Guardian87

Guardian87

Hi everyone,

maybe this is a stupid question, but I’ve been wondering if there is any way to structure the anime Demon Slayer „correctly“ in Emby.

For explanation the Tvdb page:

https://thetvdb.com/series/demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba

There is a first season of the show, that is easy. After that came a movie „Mugen Train“ which was also aired as 7 episodes of the show. Followed by the real season 2.

This might be pedantic, but it annoys me, that season 2 needs to be renamed to season 3 to match tvdb.

I would love an order like this:

Season 1

Movie 1

Season 2

And that with still finding the episodes via agents. Probably this isn’t possible, but I still thought I’ll ask.

GrimReaper

You can scrape as it is, afterwards manually edit Season 3 episodes as Season 2 and lock items. 

• Like 1

Garbonzo17

I am only coming at this from the perspective of someone who uses the Auto-Orgainze plugin, and someone who DOESN"T have much anime...

BUT, in my experience, if the TVDB has them as you say (and looking at the link it does) then you should be able to leave S01 as is, rename the movie/film as S02E01-E07 (of the show)  and the let the S03 get named/numbered correctly (accordingly)...  Like I said, I am thinking of how Auto-Orgainze handles such things, but manually doing it should be simple enough. 

You may want to hit up @chef about how Auto-Organize handles it, because I am not 100% on anime stuff, but since you referenced TMDB I assume it would act as I expect. (and if that is your preferred metadata for the library it should work out.. I think..)

Best of luck.

-G

• Like 1

Hi, currently Auto Organize uses interfaces supplied within the emby architecture to identify new items, by name, through it's Lookup providers

It uses regex to pick relevant parts of the file name to best match the file to the providers metadata.

It occurs to me, that if an anime provider was installed, it would be (might be) used in the Lookup. Don't quote me on that, I haven't actually tried it...  😃

Edited by chef