streaming problem on smart tv samsung

teicang

teicang

Hi all, from few days i'm getting a  strange problem during the movies play. I use the smart tv samsung with the app loaded in it , last version 1.1.09.

Until now no problem happened to reproduce the movie (just a problem to select the right video language on some movies that instead works fine from app loaded in fire stick), but instead from 2 days movies start but stop during play , after start again and so on, (the cpu load on the nas go up)

In the NAS I found some strange process on , look for example aaaaaaaaa or 2vor07fbu..... etc etc .

I'm quite sure this process start when I use Emby, I checked several time and they start only If I open an emby session. Are this normal process for emby?

(Also if I close the app, for a while the process remains on)

image.png.b50ef6d25a6c10a24543346f7091df03.png

One other strange behavior, if I start enby in the same network of my TV (so the same network speed)  but instead using the citizen TV app using the app loaded on my firestick, the movies are playing well without problem

In attach the emby log (when I used the smart TV app) just if it can help you to understand in some way what happen

many thx

\Gianni

image.png

ffmpeg-transcode-d6141da2-2397-4da5-bef2-722b32ae29d7_1.txt

Hi, tizen does not support mpeg4, so that's why this needs video transcoding. You can learn why something needs video transcoding using the stats feature in the video player. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

teicang

Hi Luke, thx, but the problem is not due to the trascoding, the trascoding untill 3 days ago working fine without problem, so something is changed.

I beleve could be some type of virus in the NAS otherwise I don't undestand because I haven't change nothing.

My question is to understand if this  process active in the NAS process list, are something correct connected to the emby or not. (is the only strange thing I saw in the NAS,   and when this process "aaaaaaaaaa" is present the problem happen, for the same movie and using the same emby player when this process is not present the movies play normal.

thx

\Gianni

image.png.f2f0b0a63bcb58246ebaf510df0d928b.png

FrostByte

No, I've been watching my process for >40 mins while playing something using the Samsung client and don't see anything remotely close to those.  And nothing that would use that number of resources.

• Thanks 1

teicang

thx both for replay, I'm quite sure that is a sort of virus inside the nas.

SO I have done the following step (I hope could help in case some other has the similar problem) .

I re istall the TOS OS in the NAS to cleanup the system, in the new TOS I download again the Emby server APP, started it ,BUT after start when I tryed to open it to configure the emby server , the app goes in stopped, i tryed several time restarting the tos , reistall it again , but nothing change.

Following some post  present in this forum, I suppose there was something in the TOS related to previos istallation of emby that also if I reistall the TOS it remain configured.

I tryed therefore to connect to the NAs in SSH, following the post were was indicate to rename the library file to restart the emby scanning, this not working for me , I not reach this part, but It help me to  understand how move me in ssh command 🙂.

So I decided to clean all the emby directory, I delete it totally, after re istall the Emby APP, and it WORKS. the configuration page is reachable.

Logically you have to re create all your collection, fix all the movies automatically not recognized but after that at the moment the system running fine.

I HAVE NOT TEST YET IN THE SAME SITUATION BEFORE  BECAUSE TO MAKE ALL THIS THINGS I MOVED THE NAS DIRECTLY IN THE HOUSE WERE AT THE MOMENT I 'M, SO TO HAVE THE REAL TEST I HAVE TO MOVE IT AGAIN IN REMOTE TO TEST IF THE PROBLEM NOW IS SOLVED.

I will do and update the result here.

regards

\Gianni

• Thanks 1

teicang

Hell again,

after several day of tests and put back the NAs in the same environment before, I can confirm the problem now is fixed. SO the problem was due to a virus inside the NAS, so following the procedure I described before, I has been able to fix my problem.

thx

\Gianni