Show load limit?

GiGo

I've been experiencing an issue of late with loading my TV collection.

I have roughly 1300 shows and when I try to load anything past 'B' it fails. If I scroll down manually, it loads up to show 150, which is somewhere in the 'B' section, pauses and then lets me carry on down to around 450, then pauses again then it lets me carry on, again this loads the next 150-ish shows. If I'm wanting to watch anything under Z it takes a very long time to get there!

I get the idea that it's easier not to load the whole collection at a time, however when wanting to load past B in my collection ie 150 by selecting the Letter it simply doesn't load. Is this an issue with the way thr Roku loads and handles information or is this a bug? It of course works fine on the Web app when I try to load past B/150 so I am assuming it's a Roku thing.

Using the latest Bets server and Beta Roku app.

If there is a solution to this then please let me know.

3 hours ago, GiGo said:

by selecting the Letter it simply doesn't load.

Hi.  Exactly what does happen?  How long have you waited?

8 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Exactly what does happen?  How long have you waited?

Hello,

This morning I am trying to go down to 'T' so I open up TV Shows, select T and all I am getting is a loading circle, currently at 2 mins and counting. I cannot press back on the Roku remote it 'clicks' and does nothing, to get out of it I have to press the Home button on the remote and then go back into Emby.

I tested things this morning and it appears that to select anything past show 150 I have to scroll down to that first and then I am able to select a letter. Once I have done that it's fine I can select any letter and it loads.

Here is a quick video showing what happens after select TV Shows and scrolling down, hopefully you will hear the clicking of the remote as I try to scroll down.

Win 20220110 06 54 19 Pro-1.mkv

Hi. Can you reproduce the problem and then post the server log and let me know exactly what time  you attempted the scroll?

Thanks.

20 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi. Can you reproduce the problem and then post the server log and let me know exactly what time  you attempted the scroll?

Thanks.

Yes, I'll try tomorrow for you, I'll reboot the server so the logs smaller :)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GiGo said:

I couldn't recreate the issue again today for some reason, it worked first time

It sounds like maybe an intermittent network issue or possibly that the server was very busy and slow responding.

1 hour ago, ebr said:

It sounds like maybe an intermittent network issue or possibly that the server was very busy and slow responding.

This is what I thought, I'll have to stratch my head a bit and do some thinking.