emby-next-gen cannot connect to server at all

katonag

katonag

I have the following setup:

1. a raspberry pi3 by running emby server. The server is up and running, I can access the web interface from my laptop and can also play videos. Everything seems fine

2. another raspberry pi3 running Kodi 19.3 (installed from raspberry pi os repo) with emby-next-gen 6.2.5 installing from the official repo.

When installing emby-next-gen the add server config appears and it also finds my emby server running on the other rpi.  But when I click its name it immediately displays "Unable to connect to selected server". Using manual server address entry does not work either, it simply does not do anything.

Clicking on the server name immediately after install gives this:

INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.emby.emby: ---[ INIT EMBYCLIENT: ]---
INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.emby.emby: --[ server/DEFAULT ]
INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: Begin connect
INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: Found Servers: [{'Address': 'http://192.168.112.64:8096', 'Id': 'd3d7e16b84822096ca2a3d30cfb15f27', 'Name': 'NAS'}]
INFO <general>: Loading skin file: /home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/resources/skins/default/1080i/script-emby-connect-server.xml, load type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT
INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.dialogs.serverconnect: Server Id selected: d3d7e16b84822096ca2a3d30cfb15f27
INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: testing connection mode 2 with server NAS
INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: skipping test at index: 0
INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: testing connection mode 0 with server NAS
INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: tryConnect url: http://192.168.112.64:8096/emby/system/info/public
INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: testing connection mode 1 with server NAS
INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: skipping test at index: 2
INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: Tested all connection modes. Failing server connection.
INFO <general>: Loading skin file: /home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/resources/skins/default/1080i/script-emby-connect-server-manual.xml, load type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT
WARNING <general>: CGUIWindowManager - HandleAction - ignoring action 107, because topmost modal dialog closing animation is running
ERROR <general>: Skipped 15 duplicate messages..
ERROR <general>: OpenConnection - could not opening a connection to the CEC adapter
INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: tryConnect url: http://192.168.112.64:8096/emby/system/info/public
ERROR <general>: ERROR: EMBY.hooks.monitor: EmbyServer Connect error

Clicking on the server name afterwards gives this in kodi.log:

INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.dialogs.serverconnect: Server Id selected: d3d7e16b84822096ca2a3d30cfb15f27
ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'KeyError'>
                                                   Error Contents: 'ConnectAccessToken'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/dialogs/serverconnect.py", line 82, in onAction
                                                       if self._connect_server(Server_Selected_Id):
                                                     File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/dialogs/serverconnect.py", line 101, in _connect_server
                                                       server['ConnectAccessToken'] = self.connect_manager.EmbyServer.ServerData['ConnectAccessToken']
                                                   KeyError: 'ConnectAccessToken'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

What can be the problem? Embyserver.txt only shows: Info App: Udp message sent to [::ffff:192.168.112.103]:41925 with varying ports.

katonag

I decided to remove kodi config to start with a fresh system and now it works. I do not what was the problem.

Edited by katonag
The problem appeared again

katonag

And now its doing it again. I did simply nothing in Kodi. Created a new library in Emby, wanted to import and nothing. Cannot connect to server. However it can play already added media. Kodi.log is the same.

What is the problem?

quickmic

Is the Emby server address correct and is it a static IP? ->

http://192.168.112.64:8096/emby/system/info/public

katonag

Yes, the server is correct and static, and now I have tracked down the problem.

If the name of the Kodi instance contains accented character, it will not connect. In my case it was "Házimozi" which is "Home Theater" in Hungarian. Removing the accented character "á", i.e. changing it to "Hazimozi" solves the problem. And actually I was not correct in my previous post, since I changed this, and only this, but was not aware of this.

Should I file a bug report about it?

• Thanks 1

quickmic

First, thank you for tracking it down! Much appreciated.

I'll check that cause this shouldn't be a showstopper. I'll come back to you if I have troubles fixing it.

Just to be clear, when you say the "Kodi instance", do you mean the Kodi/hostname or was it the username or Emby's server name?

katonag

Ok, thanks for looking at it, although surprisingly no one had reported this problem previously, maybe most people do not change this name.

I keep following the thread in case you have question, test request, anything.

And many thanks for this addon.

• Like 1