ShieldTV PLayback Stopped

Jammi3D
Go to solution Solved by Jammi3D,

Jammi3D

Hi,
I've been told by a family member they are not able to watch anything from my Emby server from my local drives on there Nvidia Shield.

They can watch anything when the files are stored on gdrive, when attempting playback via my local drives they get the loading circle than the stream ends. While looking at the Server activity it shows the file being play ok (direct play)

All other devices (pc, htpc, mobiles, firestick) are all working ok with 0 problems

I managed to get a section of the log file from when he tried yesterday evening which I've attached.  (Gaff.txt)

cheers

Gaff.txt

embyserver.txt

Edited by Jammi3D
added full log file

Jammi3D

I'll get them to fetch the box round think it will be easier rather than try explain things to them.

will update when I get the box

cheers.

It is probably related to the remote connection and/or exactly how they have things hooked up so testing in their environment would be best.

Thanks.

Jammi3D

Hi ebr,

He couldn't find the option but after sitting on the phone with him and him explaining the problem it seems to be android devices that have the issues (incl my moblie) .. I got it wrong about files on gdrive working, they have the same issue.

If I set an upload limit on his account to force a transcode of the file everything works perfectly fine. DirectPlaying any file causes the loading circle which than eventually closes and goes back to the home screen.

Nothing has changed my end, I have a 40Mbps upload & I beleive he is on a 100Mbps download. Most files I encode myself to ensure directplay

I've enabled debugging on the server and have attached the main server log file along with recent transcode log files.

He is currently streaming from me now with no isssues (upload is limited to 4Mbps to force a transcode)

File Specs are usually:

Format profile              : Main 10@L5@Main
Bit rate                    : 2 360 kb/s
Width                       : 1 920 pixels
Height                      : 960 pixels

Audio ac-3 @  384kbps                

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-5bec8da2-21e3-4720-80da-d89038f2444d_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-a1630ffe-1b5b-495a-9025-e3ba0414dd73_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-ceda146c-ff0a-4800-aa61-979a3fb82d7e_1.txt

Capture.JPG

Edited by Jammi3D
  • Like 1

If we can get a log from the app, we can probably see what is going on.  Did you follow the instructions to enable the debug options and then look for the option in the "cog" icon of the playback OSD?

I'll see if he is about tonight to try the above on the Shield but have just setup my FireStick & 4G connection which gave the same issue

Log files have been sent, name is FireStick (approx 9:15am Eastern Time)

It is timing out trying to read the file:

01-10 14:16:03.395  8185  9186 E ExoPlayerImplInternal:   com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlaybackException: Source error
01-10 14:16:03.395  8185  9186 E ExoPlayerImplInternal:   Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: timeout

Can we please see the server log from that same time?

Full log cheers

I forgot to add, when the loading circle appears if you leave it the files do start to play but are been transcoded.

I noticed my brother was streaming tonight 2x 1080p files (directplay) so it only seems to be certain files

2 files were

1080p, x264, ac3 mkv container (Bitrate around 3000kbps)

Trouble files

540p, x264, aac mkv container

(Bitrate around 1400kbps)

404p, x264, aac MP4 container

(Bitrate around 800kbps)

embyserver-63777456000.txt

Edited by Jammi3D

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and let us know how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

1 hour ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Can you please take this out of the loop and test it then?

cdn-loop=cloudflare

Removing cloudflare seems to work perfectly fine, sideloading the standard app onto firestick also solved the problem but did take about 90 seconds to start playing.

I guess this is a cloudflare issue? ... any ideas what is causing this?

• Solution

@ebr @Luke

My apologies both, it looks like this might of been a cloudflare problem.

I took a look at my settings and for some reason the caching rules had been removed.

Tested on both FireStick & S20 FE (4G connection) all files seem to playback with no issues for me. I'll get my brother to test the Shield box later tonight.