Emby Connect not working, but i can connect via DDNS/Public IP

heroicwisdom

heroicwisdom

Hi folks. Hoping somebody can help me out here. I have a Emby server setup on Ubuntu, i have Emby premiere, and i am unable to use the emby connect feature. I have my user connected (so if i login to emby connect, i see my server) but when i click on the server i get "connection failure". I can however hit my server's public IP off network (and login to the server) so i know my NAT is correctly configured for 8096.

What am i missing?

heroicwisdom

I also just tired unseting my ddns name and its showing the correct public IP, and when i use the link it works. Emby connect still not working though. It gives the connection error (almost immediately. Its like it doesn't even try, like i click it and it fails instantly.)

• 2 weeks later...
GrimReaper

Sound similar to the topic I've participated today:

Are you using right credentials? Have you linked your user to Connect account?

heroicwisdom

@Luke Do you happen to know the source IP/ports/etc of the emby connect feature? It really looks like its not even trying. Id like to run a packet sniffer and click the "connect" button, and see if i even get a request.

heroicwisdom
14 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Are you using right credentials? Have you linked your user to Connect account?

I think so. I have my account connected (see screenshots), the host name matches.

When i click the "laptop server" button, it also fails instantly, its not like its spins for a second and fails, its instantaneous. I have tried removing my username and putting it back in, and saw the "laptopserver" disappear on the emby connect website, then reappear after i added my username back in. 

I have also disabled the DDNS config and see the same behavior.

Capture.PNG

server rev and name.PNG

connect.PNG

failed.PNG

Tangsgod
3 hours ago, heroicwisdom said:

I think so. I have my account connected (see screenshots), the host name matches.

When i click the "laptop server" button, it also fails instantly, its not like its spins for a second and fails, its instantaneous. I have tried removing my username and putting it back in, and saw the "laptopserver" disappear on the emby connect website, then reappear after i added my username back in. 

I have also disabled the DDNS config and see the same behavior.

Capture.PNG

server rev and name.PNG

connect.PNG

failed.PNG

Instead of "heroiwisdom" in the (Optional) Emby connect username or email adress give your email adress, that the way it worked for me

heroicwisdom
On 1/28/2022 at 3:35 PM, GrimReaper said:

Have you ever received an email for account link confirmation?

Not sure. I searche dmy emails and all i have is a password reset i performed and my emby key. So i don't remember. I dont have any messages saying i need to confirm my account though

GrimReaper
10 minutes ago, heroicwisdom said:

Not sure. I searche dmy emails and all i have is a password reset i performed and my emby key. So i don't remember. I dont have any messages saying i need to confirm my account though

In your User settings, delete your Connect name, Save, re-enter it (or enter registration email address), Save again. Check your Spam folder. 

IMG_20220130_211459.jpg

Edited by GrimReaper
Screen