Android TV Exoplayer Spezifikationen

Olligator

Olligator

Guten Morgen Community,

gibt es irgendwo im Emby Universum eine Aufschlüsselung, welche Mediaspezifikation vom Exoplayer unter Android TV unterstützt werden?

Zum Problem: Ich encode meine Mediafiles in MKV Container. Bildauflösung Standard 1920x1080p, variable Framerate. Das stellt auch kein Problem dar. Das Problem liegt beim Ton. Dolby Digital AC3-Ton mit 5.1 Kanal-Setting und max. 640kbps laufen ohne Probleme. Kritisch wird es beim Monoton. Encodiere ich AC3-Ton mit 1.0 Kanal-Setting werden nur 64 bzw. 128kbps ohne Probleme abgespielt. Bei 192kbps fängt der Emby Server an zu transkopieren? Verdoppel ich jetzt die Monospur auf 2-Kanäle, also "Pseudo-Stereo", funktioniert es plötzlich ohne zu transkopieren.

Diese Formatvorgaben müssten doch aber eigentlich irgendwo abrufbar sein? Nur wo?

Verwende ich einen externen Player z.Bsp. NovaPlayer oder VLC laufen die Files ohne Probleme.

Mag aber keinen externen Player da ich damit auf Kapitelauswahl und Emby Kino-Modus verzichten muss.

Vielen Dank und freundliche Grüße Olligator

Hi.  The way Exoplayer works is it supports what the hardware supports - and then we have extended it to also support local decoding of other formats in some situations.

if you leave your Audio Output option in the app set to "Auto" then transcoding will only be used when absolutely needed for video.

https://exoplayer.dev/supported-formats.html

• Agree 1

Olligator

Translated with Google

Hi ebr, thanks for the fast reply.

I think it can't be due to my hardware. For Emby I use a Google Chromecast with Google TV (latest version) current software. This streams via passthrough to a Denon AVR 1611 5.1 receiver. All of these devices should have no problem decoding a Dolby Digital 1.0 file at 192kbps. The only weak point I know is my Windows 10 PC as a server. But since this in turn even forwards Dolby Atmos files to Google's Chromecast without transcoding, do I see no problems there either?

Olligator

Hi, I send logfile 

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • Play Movie "Am Goldenen See" with the Dolby Digital Problems
  • The time you sent the log (in Eastern Time please - UTC -5)
  • 17:30 or 5:30 p.m.
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time
  • Oliver Wolf

Hi.   Yeah, the device decoder is throwing an error on that track so we are falling back to software decoding it.  But, since it is only a mono track, there should be no loss of anything in this instance.  Basically, the system is working as it should in this case I think.

• Thanks 1