Problems with 4.6.7 playing on LG

Dt225

Hi All

Have had a zero fuss very capable emby system using emby server on my synology 1812+ and the emby app on a relatively new LG TV. All fine - everything played without any delay or problems.

Then I updated yesterday to latest version 4.6.7 and now nothing wants to play on the LG. Only lower resolution stuff (720p) and below seems to work. Anything higher (1080p, 4k etc) all buffers forever and then either does not load (black screen) or loads and then stops after a few seconds. Also, colours on 4k stuff when they do load seem washed out which suggests to me HDR 'switching' is not working (which may be an unrelated issue).

Could I get some advice as to how to fix this? It has been working perfectly for months on a slightly older version! It runs all our TV (inc Movies and TV shows) so my wife is unhappy with me right now!!!!

When playing Emby through the ipad, everything loads and plays quickly without this problem. 

I have the latest version of emby on the LG.

Thanks (and fingers crossed you can help!)

David

Amazingly everything fixed itself on a simple reboot. The old switch on switch off technique seems to have cured all ills! Thanks for responding so quickly anyway.

On 1/7/2022 at 10:05 PM, Dt225 said:

Amazingly everything fixed itself on a simple reboot. The old switch on switch off technique seems to have cured all ills! Thanks for responding so quickly anyway.

If the old switch trick doesn't work, you can always try the old baseball bat trick. :)