Play from beginning is resuming from last position

Alefielm

Hi.  I can see there was an error when trying to play this item the first time and that may be why this is happening.  Can you try the beta version of the Roku app to see if it is different?

Alefielm
11 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  I can see there was an error when trying to play this item the first time and that may be why this is happening.  Can you try the beta version of the Roku app to see if it is different?

Tryied in the beta version, same results, I had another problem with HVEC, reported here, waiting for next server version for that issue:

Alefielm

Ok, I'll add a little more data, if the audio is set to TrueHD 7.1 it works perfectly, when I choose the AC3 5.1 track it fails resumes. No subtitles selected.

Log sent.

User: Alejandro
Time: 19:59 GMT-3 (17:59 GMT-5)

Thanks!

22 hours ago, Alefielm said:

if the audio is set to TrueHD 7.1 it works perfectly, when I choose the AC3 5.1 track it fails resumes

Hi.  That is because, with TrueHD it has to transcode from the outset.  Attempting to direct play your item is failing with a "malformed data" error.  Do you have a proxy or anything else involved?  I also notice we are not able to validate Premiere - likely because access to our server is being blocked by something.

Alefielm
26 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  That is because, with TrueHD it has to transcode from the outset.  Attempting to direct play your item is failing with a "malformed data" error.  Do you have a proxy or anything else involved?  I also notice we are not able to validate Premiere - likely because access to our server is being blocked by something.

I don't have a subscription, so emby standard.

The server is running on a RaspberryPi4 on the local network, no firewall, and it can communicate with internet because it's downloading metadata and subs.

Also this is happening, like my previeous error only on HVEC. No problem with another content so far.

Thanks!

We can fix the loss of the resume point when falling back to transcode but I'm not sure why the item is failing to play in the first place.  Perhaps it is just encoded in a way the Roku does not like.

Alefielm
2 minutes ago, ebr said:

We can fix the loss of the resume point when falling back to transcode but I'm not sure why the item is failing to play in the first place.  Perhaps it is just encoded in a way the Roku does not like.

Thanks for looking it up, tell me please if I can help with anything else!

Alefielm
5 minutes ago, ebr said:

Can you please try the current beta of the app and see if the losing of the resume point is fixed?

Thanks.

I had running it on docker, two questions:

- Is there an oficial docker image for the beta?
- can I overwrite current image and use the same config and then rollback? or configurations aren't compatible?

Thanks!

Alefielm
10 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Just the beta of the app, not the server.  See the link above.

Thanks.

Seems to be working ok on the beta version, thanks

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Alefielm said:

Seems to be working ok on the beta version, thanks

Excellent.  Thanks for reporting back.