Playback randomly stops and starts playing previously watched episode

pmac

Recently I've been having issues with ET randomly stopping playback and then starting a previously watched episode. This tends to happen anywhere from once per episode, to 3 or 4 times during one episode.

Each time it happens, it goes back to the same episode (which seems to be the first episode that was watched in that viewing session), and always goes to the very beginning of that episode. 

Sometimes I'm able to just hit "back" until I'm at the home screen and then resume the episode that stopped from where I left off, but more often than not when trying to resume an episode I get stuck with the loading circle and I'm forced to quit ET, start the episode from the beginning and manually scroll to where I left off. 

I'm willing to upload whatever logs would be necessary, but since my logs are extremely bloated due to me running quite a few rest sensors on my server (for use in Home Assistant), I figured I'd find out the relevant bits to post here first. 

I haven't been able to come up with a process to replicate the issue on demand, since it happens quite randomly (sometimes 1 or 2 minutes into an episode, other times 3/4 of the way through, or near the end of the episode). I've also had the same issue with using the web player, so feel free to move this topic if need be; I posted it in here, since ET is what I use 99.9% of the time. 

Right now I'm going to delete all of my logs and save them all as soon as it happens again (which should be any minute now). 

My first thought was either corrupted files or a codec issue, but it seems to happen with any file type.

Of course just after starting this thread, everything's played fine... kind of like taking your car to a mechanic to show them a noise it's making, only to have it run fine by the time you get there... I haven't been able to reproduce the issue since starting this thread, despite it being very persistent for the past 2 or 3 weeks, lol...

The resume feature is still a major issue for me though; I'm unable to resume anything. It just goes to the spinning loading circle indefinitely any time I try to resume something, and forces me to exit ET and reopen it and then start the video from the beginning in order to watch it. Using the resume button in the web browser works fine, though.