Slow buffering and streaming on Ipad!

Myers75

Myers75

Hi

Just changed from Plex to Emby Premium. I set up my server on PC and all is looking good. Emby works great when I stream on my Iphone. But it's completely different story on my Ipad. Some videos play ok, but majority of them is super slow, not working, buffering slowly etc. I didnt tweak any setting and majority of my things is set to auto. Internet is not the issue cause I am on fast wifi. Any tips on what could be the problem? Thx

Hi there, apologies for the delay. Can we please look at an example?

We're happy to help. Thanks !

Myers75

Hm it seems it's kind of a normal thing. I didn't know Emby is transcoding stuff. So it seems the slow transcoding is the problem. Its weid cause files are not some heavy HD stuff. It plays flawwlessly on iphone with Direct streaming, but on my little older Ipad it works slow. Also buffers sometimes on my PC with I3 processor. Was not used to that when using Plex.

@Myers75

• If you saw error messages, please tell us what they were. If the problem is difficult to explain, please include screenshots that demonstrate the issue.
  • Please attach the server log from the time frame the activity occurred. See the section below titled Emby Server Logs. Please supply the full and complete log file, and avoid attempting to extract relevant sections. Everything is relevant to us. If a server transcoding log was also generated during playback (in the server logs folder), please attach that as well.