Subtitles color in LG app

spongebob69

20 hours ago, Luke said:

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.37 has been released. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.

Can you please try out the new update and let us know how it compares? Thanks !

Any changelog?

On 12/26/2022 at 6:10 PM, Luke said:

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.37 has been released. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.

Can you please try out the new update and let us know how it compares? Thanks !

Grey subtitles are much better with HDR but why didnt u guys left the OSD white?

And the positioning of the subtitles still not adjustable? 
Or is this for the next update?

If so we can wait like couple of months again?

1 hour ago, kabmat said:

Grey subtitles are much better with HDR but why didnt u guys left the OSD white?

And the positioning of the subtitles still not adjustable? 
Or is this for the next update?

If so we can wait like couple of months again?

Hi, what do you mean by left the osd white?

On 27/12/2022 at 16:57, Luke said:

Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.

it only says:
Various subtitle improvements..

still not clear what changed to give feedback on regarding the subtitles.

16 hours ago, Heval said:

it only says:
Various subtitle improvements..

still not clear what changed to give feedback on regarding the subtitles.

Hi, mainly the color options as well as changes to the way they are loaded so that a subtitle extraction does not stall video playback while waiting for it.

• 8 months later...

That's great to hear. If would be amazing if the new option(s) would match the "These settings affect..." color, which seems to be just fine. 

• Thanks 1

CrappyUserName
I make my own advanced substation subtitle files and set the colour to #808080 (gray). They are stored as separate files along side the main title.

They work fine for everything except 4k HDR files. They display as white (stupidly bright). I don't know if it's the TV or Emby.

The TV is getting on a bit, 65B6OLED.

Yea, i have the exact same model, and the grey looks just as white as the white option. It's strange because it looks fine on the "These settings affect.." example.

• Agree 1

• 5 months later...

Emby for LG 1.0.41 has been released and should have more subtitle color options. Enjoy.

CrappyUserName
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Emby for LG 1.0.41 has been released and should have more subtitle color options. Enjoy.

In other threads is says to look out for the blog for more info. Will it actually get one? Just some basic release notes for updates would be good. The last blog was for 1.0.37 back in December 2022.

Ever since you guys decided to remove functionality without warning (theme colours) I haven't been that keen to install updates.

It also helps to know what the changes are to troubleshoot problems.

1 minute ago, CrappyUserName said:

In other threads is says to look out for the blog for more info. Will it actually get one? Just some basic release notes for updates would be good. The last blog was for 1.0.37 back in December 2022.

Ever since you guys decided to remove functionality without warning (theme colours) I haven't been that keen to install updates.

It also helps to know what the changes are to troubleshoot problems.

Apologies. We'll make sure to get an announcement up this time. Thanks.

CrappyUserName

Can you confirm how the logic works for subtitles with the colour setting. I create my own ASS subtitle files and set the colour to light grey. They are separate files (not embedded) I assume this overrides the colour setting in the app?

As previously mentioned, there is an issue where my subtitles display as white when playing a HDR film. Non HDR they are grey like they are supposed to be. I've set the colour to light grey in the app as well but they still display as white even after updating to 1.0.41

55 minutes ago, CrappyUserName said:

Can you confirm how the logic works for subtitles with the colour setting. I create my own ASS subtitle files and set the colour to light grey. They are separate files (not embedded) I assume this overrides the colour setting in the app?

As previously mentioned, there is an issue where my subtitles display as white when playing a HDR film. Non HDR they are grey like they are supposed to be. I've set the colour to light grey in the app as well but they still display as white even after updating to 1.0.41

Right the settings do not apply to ass/ssa, which have all of their styles embedded.