Issues with guide time being off

Deedee31

Deedee31

I contacted my provider of the xmltv guide because my time is off by an hour. They informed me that I need to adjust the time shift in the epg settings.  However I am not seeing any settings on where I can adjust this. Any suggestions?

BillOatman
7 hours ago, Deedee31 said:

I contacted my provider of the xmltv guide because my time is off by an hour. They informed me that I need to adjust the time shift in the epg settings.  However I am not seeing any settings on where I can adjust this. Any suggestions?

Your provider is sidestepping the truth a little..  The guide time is set with a time and UTC offset.  For example:

<programme start="20211226190000 +0000" stop="20211226210000 +0000" channel="BettyWhiteRocks..us">

It is then up to your program like Emby to adjust the time in the guide display to your local time based on the time/offset in the xml.  If everything in your display is an hour off in Emby either your system is not set to the correct time (DST issue perhaps) or their guide data is wrong (also potentially a DST issue).    If your client has the correct time and the DST flag is correct the providers xml is wrong.  However providers guide data being what it sometimes is, they may still tell you "too bad, adjust in your client ;)" 

That being said, if Emby can't adjust that, you might request a new feature.

• Like 1

Deedee31

I don’t actually have the file it’s a link so I am unable to view their settings.  The time is correct on my device. This is definitely an issue that is hard to just deal with. Thanks for the input. 

BillOatman

if you put that link in your browser it should download if you are interested.

• Like 1