Emby Premiere registration not accepted

wotgorilla

wotgorilla

Hello all,

I have an Emby Premiere lifetime subscription since November 2017.

My Premiere key is correctly entered in the "Emby Premiere" section of the left-hand-side menu. If I try to re-enter the (same) Premiere key in Emby, it recognizes and accepts it, and tells me I am using it well below the limit. However, I keep getting the popups and reminders to "Get Emby Premiere" and some features (like download an episode/movie) are randomly unavailable (with the "Get Emby Premiere" message) but sometimes work too.

This is becoming annoying and, although I am still able to use Emby 95% of the time because I don't really need the Premiere features, I'd like to avoid the constant reminder because I did pay for that.

I don't know if this is relevant to my problem, but my version of Emby is 4.6.7.0 installed on a 64-bit Synology with DSM 7.

Can anyone help me?

Eric

Happy2Play

What clients are you seeing this on?

May need to see a server log also.

wotgorilla

Thanks for your quick response.

I am using the Emby web application, connecting locally to my NAS or externally through my router (using my domain name). Emby is behind a reverse proxy on port 443.

I am enclosing my most recent embyserver.txt.

Not sure what you are looking for, though. Should I be attempting to enter my Premiere key?

Eric

embyserver.txt

Hi, I don't see anything that looks wrong in that log file.
Have you tried using Theater for Desktop or a different browser to see if the same thing happens?

wotgorilla

Hello cayars,

I usually use a variant of Chromium such as Chrome on ChromeOS.

I just logged in to Emby as an administrator using Firefox and I still see the "Get Premiere" banner on top and when I try to download a movie I get the "Unlock Feature" popup.

I don't own a Windows PC, is there an Emby Theater for Linux?

Eric

embyserver (2).txt

I see you have a menu system of apps, routers and APs.  You may want to take a look at that and make sure it's only available internal and not open to the world.

It appears these are all setup to run through Synology Proxy.  Is Emby setup the same way?

If so that could explain what you're seeing for sure.

wotgorilla

About your first comment, you are right and thanks for reminding me. The web page only links to hosts and apps which are either not available to the world or protected by SSL and authentication (such as Emby).

Yes I am using the reverse proxy on my Synology NAS to access the Emby server. The default port is blocked by the firewall. If this is a problem would you care to elaborate?

Eric

Hi.  Make sure the apps (browser) can get to our servers to validate.  Check ad blockers, privacy badger, etc.

Check the browser console for errors (in red).

wotgorilla

I think you are right, cayars. When I temporarily disable my firewall and access Emby on 8096 the green "Get Premiere" button doesn't appear.

How should I correct my problem while properly securing Emby? I'd rather not set up SSL on each of my applications and servers separately. Right now everything is behind the same proxy.

wotgorilla

ebr, are you saying that it's the client (browser) that validates the Premiere subscription? Shouldn't it rather be the Emby server?

Eric

15 minutes ago, wotgorilla said:

ebr, are you saying that it's the client (browser) that validates the Premiere subscription? Shouldn't it rather be the Emby server?

Eric

Hi.  They both do because or our device limits.

On 1/1/2022 at 10:10 AM, wotgorilla said:

About your first comment, you are right and thanks for reminding me. The web page only links to hosts and apps which are either not available to the world or protected by SSL and authentication (such as Emby).

Yes I am using the reverse proxy on my Synology NAS to access the Emby server. The default port is blocked by the firewall. If this is a problem would you care to elaborate?

Eric

Stop using the built in proxy with Emby as it can't be configured properly.  It just doesn't work.  If you manually edit the config file the system overwrites it.  It just will not function properly going through the proxy.  Instead just pass the ports from your router directly to Emby.  So don't use ports already in use by Synology such as 80,443.5000, 5001, etc as they will get intercepted by the proxy.  Using the Emby default ports of 8086 and 8920 should work fine.

As for you menu of apps, I'm not sure how you have that setup but I'm assuming through docker.  Set your docker up to not allow outside communication to that instance but only from internal IPs.

On 1/5/2022 at 6:26 PM, wotgorilla said:

Ok. Thanks for your help!

Did you get your issue resolved?

If not send me a PM (private message) by hovering over my username to send me a message.  I can try and help you remotely if you still have an issue and can't resolve it.

wotgorilla

Thanks cayars,

I created an exception rule for my ad blocker and rebooted the NAS. So far the reminder hasn't appeared yet - cross my fingers. Maybe it was just the ad blocker?

Eric

15 hours ago, wotgorilla said:

Thanks cayars,

I created an exception rule for my ad blocker and rebooted the NAS. So far the reminder hasn't appeared yet - cross my fingers. Maybe it was just the ad blocker?

Eric

Hi, yes it's possible. Thanks for the update.

On 1/8/2022 at 10:11 PM, wotgorilla said:

Thanks cayars,

Eric

Most surely it is.  You can turn it on and try it again. 
Remove your key and add it back.  If it doesn't take then turn off the add block and test entering your key again.

It was something environmental for sure and some add blocker are known specifically to cause this problem.