CoverArt - HD/UHD Box Cover Border inconsistent

Prydwyn

I hope this is the right place to post this query...

The majority of my library of movies are in 1080p format, either 264 or 265 mp4. files, with a few in MKV. None of these have an issue. However, for the few UHD files I have, I always keep a HD copy as well, so I can watch them on my phone or tablet remotely, and I use the Emby naming conventions to differentiate the versions (ie "filename  - 1080p.mp4" and "filename - 4K HDR.mkv", with both versions being in a folder called "filename"). Most of the time when browsing my library the UHD films use the 4K box cover border which shows that the film is in UHD. When selected, I can then choose the 4K version or the 1080p version, depending on which device I am watching on. However, there are a few films where despite having both versions (and both version are selectable before playing the movie), the box cover art displays as BluRay, and not 4K UHD.

Is there a way of forcing Emby to display the highest resolution border art available if there are different versions? I added the condition "UHD items will use the UHD Cover" in the specific cover selection, but as I saaid above, whilst it works for the majority, there are still a few exceptions that show the wrong border.

Thanks in advance for your help.  

PS - I've added some screenshots to illustrate. The Jurassic Park Collection. All 5 films are in both HD and UHD, but the cover art only shows "The Lost World" and "Jurassic World" as having UHD versions available. But as you can see from the second and third pictures, both the Bluray cover and UHD cover show both versions available. I would like them all to be showing the UHD cover, as it is the highest res version.

IMG_20211231_000931255_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211231_000950390_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211231_001041873_HDR.jpg

Edited by Prydwyn
Addition of screenshots

Happy2Play

Not that I am aware of.  If I remember correctly Emby treats the first item imported no matter how many versions you have.

Happy2Play
19 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Have you tried adding "ca-uhd" tag to those movies? 

Actually, yes that will work for uhd treatment even if Emby is actually reading the Blu-ray first as it is tagging that version.  This is a force tag for treatment.

I'm happy to try that... How do I add a tag?

Also, it is not always based on the first item. The HD version is always the first item, and UHD copies get added later if I want them. Usually (but not always - hence my original post) the cover art updates itself to recognise the UHD version.

Hi.  The tagging is a force but isn't really the proper solution here.  If you notice on those covers, they also do not have the little symbol that designates that they have multiple versions.

The issue here is that you added the UHD version some time after the covers were created and adding a new version to an item isn't something that CoverArt is aware of.  If you remove the tags you added and then simply refresh the affected items replacing the artwork, then you will get updated covers.

Is it possible then to implement a feature so that when you run a library scan it checks for multi versions and updates the cover art borders accordingly? 

Happy2Play

In the end is sound like it might be a cached image issue.  That is why ebr suggested replacing the image one of the items showing the wrong treatment.

You could delete the "..\Emby-Server\cache\images\enhanced-images" folder and allow the treated images to rebuild.

Prydwyn

Don't know yet - I deleted the folder, and all the UHD films are currently showing correctly. However, I had already fixed the ones in my original post using the 'ca-uhd' tag as suggested. I'll have to keep an eye on the library to see if the problem reoccurs. 

Thanks all though for the suggestions - currently all is working correctly.