ROKU Express 4K - Problem on direct play

IceBoosteR

IceBoosteR

Hey there,

just discovered that there seems to be an issue with the ROKU Express 4K and the Emby app. So it apperently looks like the direct play function has some issues over here. Always when playing a video, 1080p, and audio is AC3 with 5.1 channels, the player is not able to play the video correctly. The issue may appear:
1. Few seconds after playback
2. When "fast forward" and then play the video

Always when this happened, the video was just existed, and I was pushed back to the video title screen. However, the progress in this video was saved correctly. For me as a user, when I got kicked out, it always feels like normally exciting the playback, which is obviously not the case.

I was looking for any log on the server side that could indicate the cause of this, but no luck. Also enabled the debug function in the app on the Roku, but was not able to find them anywhere.

I do have a workaround for this, as:
1. Enabling subtitles will force to transcode, and then it works fine
2. Hit the "Playback Error Correction" Function in the app. Remux already solve the problem, no transcode needed

I tried a dozen of different videos with the same pattern as described above - I may be able to test other formats (480p; 720p; AC3 Stereo; DD) if I can see the error there also. But for the moment the above is the pattern that always throw errors.

Hope this helps to get this located. Server version is 4.6.6.0 if this helps.

-IceBoosteR