Album-Artist view contains only lately changed album-artist since 3.0.5366.22005

zowie
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Since the server was updated from 3.0.5347.22095 to 3.0.5366.22005 the Album-Artists view contains only entries that were changed lately.

If I stop the server, go back to the System.old version 3.0.5347.22095 all album-artists reappaear as they should (>300 artists).

Currently with the new version it looks like this:

54173a9a4435d_MediaBrowser_20140915_2113

In the log there are "HTTP GET http://appserver:8096/mediabrowser/Artists/AlbumArtists?SortBy..." requests that look normally to me.

Anyone else with this problem?

All other views work with no problem.

2014_09_15 MediaBrowser AlbumArtistBug.log

Edited by zowie

I can confirm this. I'm having the same problem since the last update.

Only 13 Album Artists of my ~650 Album Artists are shown under the Album-Artists Tab:

u5qnmdgw.png

Edited by CM000n

• Solution

the new release re-scans your audio files to adjust to some database changes. if you're bouncing back and forth between this and the old version, it's going to be too difficult to provide much assistance because you'll have two different mechanisms possibly conflicting. just use the new version and do a manual refresh from the editor of your music library, and then you'll be good to go.

• Like 1

overClocked!

the new release re-scans your audio files to adjust to some database changes. if you're bouncing back and forth between this and the old version, it's going to be too difficult to provide much assistance because you'll have two different mechanisms possibly conflicting. just use the new version and do a manual refresh from the editor of your music library, and then you'll be good to go.

I concur. I was also experiencing this, and not just with music. I had NO guide or Channels for LiveTV, my music album artists disappeared and much of my movie folder artwork was not displaying. I decided to wait and allow some time for ALL the scheduled tasks to run on their own (seems like there is a longer interval between scans for a lot of tasks). So that means in some cases waiting at least 24 hours. But when I did, everything updated just fine.

So no more bouncing back and forth between versions for me unless something gets truly broken.

Thanks guys for the excellent work on this release. Best so far IMO.

Edited by overClocked!

After clicking "Aktualisieren" (Update) on the main "Music" folder the Album-Artists start to fill up. Thanks for the solution.

After clicking "Aktualisieren" (Update) on the main "Music" folder the Album-Artists start to fill up. Thanks for the solution.

Thanks, that also works for me :)

It was just a bit confusing to lose the music-artists from on monent to an other :D

• 3 weeks later...

I have done this and nothing is working, they use to populate with no problem until after the update.  I am using .wav files and only one album populates and the only difference between this album and the others is its contributing artist and album name are tagged the same.