Subtitles search within episode causes Android TV crash

westhill

westhill

When I need to search for subs from within an episode due a mismatch of the existing subs on my Android/Google TV app the app freezes immediately following the search/download step. I then need to do a force stop/open_Emby and then things are ok, I can select the new subs to see if they are aligned.

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks!

westhill

edit: Per Luke's request I PM'd the two of you the logs.

@ebr I pulled server logs this morning and had asked Luke in PM if I could send the logs via PM rather than posting them here.

I just went into the Android/Google TV app and do not see an option to upload logs from the app, so I enabled debug mode and reproduced the error and have the line number in the logs.

Can I strip anything out of the logs prior to sending them or do you need full logs? Can I DM them to you?

Thanks!

Edited by westhill

westhill

Thank you.

Interesting, I can't find it. In the Android TV app, under my username I see switch to a few other users, logout and Unlock App. Unlock correctly says I am connected to a premiere server already.

Same in the web UI, I don't see an option to send logs. I have tried with users that have the rights to administer the server BTW

GrimReaper
4 hours ago, westhill said:

so I enabled debug mode and reproduced the error and have the line number in the logs.

Are you sure you've enabled in-app Debug mode (Settings>General Display tab>scroll all the way down)? 

Above sounds to me like you've enabled debug logging server-side (in the Web UI). 

westhill

Got it, thank you. I had enabled debug in the app, collected logs from the server and have DMd them to Like and Ebr.

I had since turned off debug, hence why I was not seeing the option.

Are the logs sent by the app the same as the server side apps?

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, westhill said:

Are the logs sent by the app the same as the server side apps?

Nope. 

Hi.  You need to enable this option here:

image.png

...and then you will get the send logs option in your user menu.

westhill

I enabled debug mode, reproduced the issue, sent the logs. The particular show was crashed but another title played just fine.

I restarted Emby after a force stop, and sent logs a second time (within a few minutes of the first time).

Thanks!

westhill

The first log I sent was after the title crashed (upon downloading subtitles in the play interface), the app still allowed me to navigate and send the logs and play a different title with no issues. Then original crashed title was still frozen.

The second log I sent was after a force_stop of the app and played the previously frozen title with no issues.

Hi.  There is no evidence of a crash in either log you sent.  Exactly what is happening that is making you think the app has "crashed"?  If the app is still responsive, meaning you were able to navigate and send the log, then it hasn't crashed.  Are you also able to just back out of the video?

I think it may just be taking a while to re-start with the new subtitle...

westhill
10 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  There is no evidence of a crash in either log you sent.  Exactly what is happening that is making you think the app has "crashed"?  If the app is still responsive, meaning you were able to navigate and send the log, then it hasn't crashed.  Are you also able to just back out of the video?

I think it may just be taking a while to re-start with the new subtitle...

I just tried again. I removed all subs from the title, downloaded new ones (all while playback paused), I see the new subs appear onscreen but the title will not start playing again. I waited two minutes toggling play/pause to no avail.

I can navigate to a different title, play, pause, enable subs, etc, no issues.  When I go back to the 'frozen' title it remains frozen. I then went back to the 'ok' title and Emby says 'too many errors, giving up'.

After a force stop, both titles work well again

You are correct, the app is not crashed, mistakenly thought it was because the title becomes unplayable.