DSM6 vs DSM7

FightingIrish

FightingIrish

Hey guys,

MOST OF IS BASED ON USING THE LATEST FIRETV STICK APP.

I have been running Emby Server on my DS118 with DSM6 and everything was working great.  All the channels were in order according to my M3U file order and all channels category's were colored differently based on sports, movies, etc... 

Since I did a "clean" install using the same DS118 but now running DSM7, the above does not seem to work like it did before.  I don't recall making configuration changes to each channel in order to have them show up exactly like my M3U file has them listed, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.  Also, I only have a single channel that is color coded as a movie but, all other channels are not colored coded at all regardless of them being a movie, sports, etc...

And why can't the firetv app allow you to sort channels based on "default channel order" like you can do in web app?  This would solve one of my issues but still don't understand how it worked before.

Please don't ask me to send a log file unless you have tested this and know for a fact that this should all work.

Thanks Guys!

And why can't the firetv app allow you to sort channels based on "default channel order" like you can do in web app?

Hi, we will be adding this. Thanks for the feedback.

FightingIrish

Thanks Luke. 

I'm still having issues with the guide not color coding the type of program correctly whether it's news, sports, movies, etc.

This and more issues all relate back to who provides the EPG.  I don't get channel On Now images, Show Indicators ForColor Coding and other information I get when mapping channels directly with the Emby provided sources.  I'm assuming all of this information is present in the Emby EPG and not present from my provider.  Is this assumption correct?  If so, I will need to map every channel to the Emby guides as I like this view much better as does my wife :)

Since mapping all of my channels is a big job, I would like to know where Emby keeps the mapping information so I can save it just in case.  

Hi there, what guide data are you using? Have you checked to see that your guide data contains this information?

FightingIrish

The guide comes from my iptv provider and I haven't looked at it in detail but if that's how the information is being populated then I would think that it does not have those details.

Can you let me know what file holds the channel mappings?  Is it the livetv.xml file?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, FightingIrish said:

Can you let me know what file holds the channel mappings?  Is it the livetv.xml file?

Thanks!

Yes, that file.

Typically IPTV provided guide data is mediocre at best so that is likely your issue.
Did you switch providers during the upgrade to DSM 7 or is this the same provider and files?

Any reason you didn't migrate your Emby from DSM 6 to DSM 7 using our instructions?  If everything was working well previously it should as well after migrating.
If you still have /volume1/Emby directory on your NAS it's not to late to try migrating that way.

If you have multiple volumes it's possible the DSM6 version of emby could be on those as well so check them too.

Carlo

FightingIrish

I had to move drives around when I got my new NAS so I couldn't migrate to DSM 7.  Even if I didn't move drives around I would have done a clean install to clean up any leftover crap from testing out a lot of packages. :)

I did copy the livetv.xml file over to the new emby directory but it didn't help with the channel mapping for some reason.

It's a good bit of work mapping the channels but it's worth it to me as I like to have everything look nice and neat.

Just a suggestion, but it should would be nice to be able to drag and drop channel mappings somehow.  Same with changing the logo's.

Have a good New Year!

Yes, that would be a nice touch to drag and drop like that.

I put a lot of time into my TV as well making use of multiples sources, 12 guide sources, grouping...
Slow and steady and it all comes together. :)