Channel Mapping Confusion

ErikaJ

Good Day and Happy Holidays,

I am confused about how the channel mapping works within Emby. I have my TV source and Guide Data source from my provider and some channels do auto map. But they need to be tweaked so that the EPG indicates what is actually playing. So I loaded just 7 channels (Paramount) into Emby for testing. Based on the TV Guide for Sling TV, which was the closest guide which had most of the channel programs, I started to manually map them. I did my mapping in the settings/Live TV/DVR channels section as shown in the channels4.png. After saving I noticed that the channels were indicating that they were mapped to USA Latin Paramount Network as shown in Channels3.png. Adding further confusion I noticed that the EPG indicated a different program than what was indicated in the programs and channels section as shown in channels1.png versus channels 2.png. So my basic question is where is the correct place to map channels? 

If I don't use the guide source from my provider and go with the Emby guide source would it be less confusing? My channels are basically US and some UK andvery few Canadian. But I don't know what region the channel guide that Emby uses comes from. Thanks for any guidance on this.

Cheers...Erika

channels4.PNG

channels3.PNG

channels2.PNG

channels1.PNG

Hi,

Try doing a full guide refresh and wait until it finishes. Then go look at the results.

Do you get the graphics and proper data after waiting for the guide to load?

Good Day and HNY!!

Thanks Cayars for the response. I just decided to go with the Emby guide source and tried a few connections ths morning. Surprise, surprise as it seems to be working fantastic and the guide itself is in sync with what is on the screen. I will continue this process and report back the results. Thanks again, cheers and Happy New Year's!!

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 12:14 PM, ErikaJ said:

Good Day and HNY!!

Thanks Cayars for the response. I just decided to go with the Emby guide source and tried a few connections ths morning. Surprise, surprise as it seems to be working fantastic and the guide itself is in sync with what is on the screen. I will continue this process and report back the results. Thanks again, cheers and Happy New Year's!!

It may be a little work when not using a hardware tuner (will match almost perfectly) to map the channels manually but having the sweet guide data available that Emby has is worth the effort. Instead of trying to do them in order from top to bottom try doing all your favorite channels first, or channels with sports (if that matters).  This way you get all you favorite channels done first and can start scheduling recordings.

ErikaJ

Good Day to All!

Thanks for the replies. Indeed, using the embeded Emby guide data proved to be the BEST solution. I can't remember why I stopped using your guide source data but I also don't remember if was as good as it is now. Long ago I was creating my own logos because the guide either did not supply them or they was scarce. Maybe some changes have been made since I last used the guide I don't know but, in any event the Emby guide is simply the best!! Local channels are handled by my HDHR so that has not changed. Many thanks to those involved with the improvements and keep on. Cheers!!