System.OutOfMemoryException

TolkienBard

TolkienBard

Over the last 4-5 days I've started encountering an error I had never seen before. At first I assumed it might just be because I had a number of updates in my Windows queue waiting to be applied, but did not want to reset the PC because I was in the midst of loading 30+ TB of data. Well, the data is loaded and the machine is completely up to date, but I am still experiencing the problem. At some point (and I never know when) the server simply stops responding. When my stepson or best mate try to log in via the MB3 app (one on Android the other on iPhone 5s), they get the spinning wheel of death. If I try to log in via another PC, my PC browser eventually times out. 

When I log into the server PC and try to pull up the MB3 server via the system tray, I get the following error in a little box in the middle of my screen:

There was an error launching your web browser. Please check your default browser settings.

The thing is, I don't know when MB3 is actually crashing. I am unaware of the problem until someone actively tries to log in. I have no idea if it is crashing out quickly, or if it is going for many hours before coming down.

Here are the pertinents as far as I know. I am running MB3 Server on a Windows 8.1 machine. I am currently on version 3.0.5366.22005.

I have the log for the most recent session that was terminated due to the server becoming unresponsive, but even zipped, it is too large to include as an attachment.

Unfortunately there isn't any evidence of a crash in that log, so it's difficult to diagnose. Interestingly enough if you look near the end of the log, the server is receiving http requests and successfully processing them, so there's no problem there. We'll have to keep an eye on it. 

The browser error is reported to us by windows saying it's unable to launch html files. you can try re-configuring your system default browser.

TolkienBard

I'm not sure if this is a continuation of my previous problem or not, but since it is a different error report, I thought it best to give it its own post. Overnight my MB3 server crashed apparently. It threw the following error:

System.OutOfMemoryException

After I noticed it and clicked "OK", MB3 shut down.

I'm still on Windows 8.1 running MB Server 3.0.5366.22005

Log File

There are a few thousand errors in there ranging from the system not being able to find your channels directory to dlna yelling every few seconds.  The OOM may have just been the final straw.  I would investigate why we can't seem to find your channels folder.

TolkienBard

When I installed MB3 I went with the default location provided on everything and have not messed with it, not have I deleted anything except for a single movie from the library, which is on an entirely different drive. So I'm not sure why it isn't finding my channels folder.

If I navigate over to the channels section in the browser, it takes a moment, but the channels do load as they should. However, when I try to use File Explorer to navigate to the specified path:

C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\channels

I'm not seeing a folder there.The folders listed under Media-Browser-Server go from "cache" to "config". I checked "Channels" under the plugins section of the MB Server Configurator, but nothing looks amiss there, and no custom path has been entered. 

Should I just create a folder labeled "channels" at the specified path and see what happens next?

I have no idea why DLNA is is getting uppity. There was no one awake or trying to watch anything during the time covered in those logs, so the Samsung plasma was never even on to attempt to make a connection.

• 2 weeks later...
TolkienBard

I received the same browser launch message again. This time though, MB Server became unresponsive as soon as I got the error. I was unable to close the log window and I was unable to get MB to respond when I right-clicked the icon in the tray. I waited for a spell (about 15 minutes) and eventually had to resort to forcing MB closed through the Task Manager. This log does show something going on at the time the server went non-responsive, but I am not a programmer, so it looks like important gibberish to me.

Log file

Here is also a screenshot of the system when I pulled the Task Manager up. MB Server was apparently trying awfully hard to do something as it was putting a small dent in the memory.

Screenshot

TolkienBard

No DLNA errors are present any longer and yet I am still getting this message. Apparently this one kicked in sometime during the middle of the night while noone was even trying to access the server.

New Logs