About a new home for Emby - EmbyServer 4670

CarlosLima

CarlosLima

Hi, Happy New Year everyone.
I found this image in another topic here on the forum and found it very well done.
Will it be possible to use some CSS/HTML code to have this layout (or something close to it)?
I really liked the top image, which could alternate with the "Emby Suggestions" feature that already exists.
Also moving the Home and Favorites links to the left I found it stylish and appropriate. The big fountains stand out well.
also liked the watch displayed
I leave my thanks here. Thank you very much.

cloudnewhome.png

Edited by CarlosLima

visproduction

Hi Carlos, I would prefer to see the whole title wrapping onto a second line.

Have you thought of how the page will change with different screen sizes to work on phones and for windowed browsers?   Your layout is a landscape.  What should the design do on a portrait size browser window?  Often once you start desiging for the different screen sizes, you will come up with changes in your overall design.  You can design a slightly different look for each screen size, portrait and widescreen phones, iPads and use @media size tests to switch CSS styles.  It gets complex pretty quick.  Usually, flex rows and columns are chosen that work across different screen widths.

Some questions would be, how does the text description wrap with a narrow screen?  Does a long text get the 'Read more' button?  How would the title and statistics wrap?  What happens to the top left background image?  How does this look on phones in portrait?  What font size is readable on a smaller phone?  Will you show the complete media name instead of using ...?  Also, if you have other types of libraries, TV, Music, etc.   Some of these changes can also affect the other library type pages.  It's possible to isolate a change to only a single page template.  When making changes, clear the cache and check the other media type pages.

Hope that helps.

CarlosLima

Thank you for your message. It helped, and I've totally forgotten the idea. Thank you so much for your help.