Sync folder over 75GB

simonmason

simonmason

My server started reporting low disk space today.  Ran a Windirstat and find that there is over 75GB in the Programdata sync folder.  Did a quick search and found an old post (below) that was related and directed me to a sync activity page which doesn't seem to exist anymore.  Looked in the server setup and see no evidence of active syncing going on.  How do I clean up this folder?  Thanks.

simonmason

The files are in a lot of different directories - 3670, 3667, 3671, 3272, etc.   They are all video files - look like copies of movies - for example: C:\Users\simon\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\sync\71\3272\c1712f81-cdbd-4754-b96b-189ff9a475eb.mkv

• 2 weeks later...

@simonmason I would check the Downloads and Conversions sections of the emby server dashboard. It sounds like you created either Download or Conversion jobs that required transcoding, and this is where the files go until they are delivered to their destination.

Please let me know the contents of those sections. Thanks.

OK, it's difficult to try and determine what might have happened in the past, but looks like some of these jobs did not complete successfully. You created conversion jobs to convert and replace your existing media. One possible reason for the problem could be that the conversion succeeded, but then the server did not have write access to actually replace the original media files.

Additionally you also created multiple conversion jobs on your entire TV library. I would suggest going to all of the jobs that say completed with error and deleting all of them.

simonmason

@Luke I removed all of these.  Hasn’t reduced the disk usage under sync but maybe that takes some time?

Also, a long time ago I set up a conversion job on several folders to set all files to a standard size - mostly to reduce 4K files. But I find I don’t need that as much now. So how do I remove it?  I see an option to remove downloads when I click on the conversion job.  Is that what I use?  Thanks.

On 1/7/2022 at 6:48 PM, simonmason said:

@Luke I removed all of these.  Hasn’t reduced the disk usage under sync but maybe that takes some time?

Also, a long time ago I set up a conversion job on several folders to set all files to a standard size - mostly to reduce 4K files. But I find I don’t need that as much now. So how do I remove it?  I see an option to remove downloads when I click on the conversion job.  Is that what I use?  Thanks.

Yes that's what you do. If the files associated with that particular conversion job are not getting deleted, then it's possible the server is being denied access to delete within that folder, so that could be something to look into. We'd have to look at an example though. Thanks.