Live Tv, can't rewind or fast forward

snake98

snake98

Now that the emby lg app has been updated(Thanks), i'm trying to get the pause, fast forward and rewind working. ON the web version everything works, just on the Lg app I have the problem.  I can tune to a live tv and watch with no problems.  I can Pause and resume just fine.  If i try to rewind, it will jump to the live(currently being broadcast) part of the show,  If I pause a show for 5 min, and resume, it will play, but if I try to skip forward 10 seconds, it just again the live part of the show.  Any ideas or help would be appreciated.  The tv antenna is Hdhome run quarto and hdhome run extend.  Both act the save. 

There are no ffmpeg trans-code logs that I see for the lg tv, only other apps.

I cut down the server log down to the appropriate time, I believe the time is around 2021-12-26 13:25:30  If you need the whole log let me know it's 31mb.

.embyserver.txt

Hi, yes when direct playing, this isn't going to be possible. We'll have to add options to force a transcode if you want in order to allow seeking the live stream.

snake98

Is there a setting to always force trans-coding for live tv(Hidden setting)?  Or is this better to add the option at the server level?

Edited by snake98

1 hour ago, snake98 said:

Is there a setting to always force trans-coding for live tv(Hidden setting)?  Or is this better to add the option at the server level?

There isn't one at this time.

• 3 weeks later...

I found when looking into the ComSkipper plugin that you can send remote control commands to the "Emby Theater" client with the same device ID as the "Emby for LG" client that's streaming the content, and I figured out a programmatic way to find that client session.

@Luke Now that I have a build environment that works I'm happy to poke around to see if the control issues in live TV can be fixed with some clever session management, but where should I be looking?

snake98
14 hours ago, fedward said:

I found when looking into the ComSkipper plugin that you can send remote control commands to the "Emby Theater" client with the same device ID as the "Emby for LG" client that's streaming the content, and I figured out a programmatic way to find that client session.

@Luke Now that I have a build environment that works I'm happy to poke around to see if the control issues in live TV can be fixed with some clever session management, but where should I be looking?

I've done some light programming, but hope to start looking at in in the next week.  I was going to see if there was a way to tell the client to force transcode to h265/h264.  I"ll be happy to to test for you.