What is used for a live TV recording icon?

BillOatman

BillOatman

I was under the impression from another thread that when Emby recorded from live tv, that the icon used was from the xml programme entry if it was available.  I recorded something today.  This was in its programme entry:

<icon src="http://iptvboss.xyz/logos/JarvisSports%20Logos/BuffaloBills.png"></icon>

This is in the m3u entry given to Emby:

tvg-logo="http://iptvboss.xyz/logos/JarvisSports%20Logos/BuffaloBills.png" 

This is what's at that URL:

image.png.c98c154800ddae73c506824753bd3d1a.png

This is what shows up in Emby for the recording:

image.png.82269454809bc5bf927fdfbdfea99040.png

I think its supposed to be Bill Gates but the majority of the icon is very light and did not photograph well.

So is there a bug, or if not what actually is used for the recording icons?

Thanks!

Edited by BillOatman

BillOatman
31 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  That is probably a screen grab from the video itself.

The video is a football game, The beginning does not have that frame anywhere.  Seems to be doing something with the name "Bill".
But I was told elsewhere the icon would be used from the programme entry if it existed. So is what happened a bug or is the programme entry icon not used and there is no way to get a icon that makes sense?

I think once it is a recording in your library, then the normal metadata fetchers are going to take over so it is probably just a misidentification issue.

BillOatman
9 minutes ago, ebr said:

I think once it is a recording in your library, then the normal metadata fetchers are going to take over so it is probably just a misidentification issue.

Not surprising, it is a show name made up by an application of mine so no way Emby could identify it via metadata fetcher.  So the programme entry icon is not used at all and there is no way to have the recording use it and fall back to a fetcher if needed?

Edited by BillOatman

Once it gets added to your library, it will look just like any other library item, so that means metadata/image fetchers come into play, as well as what images you may have assigned at the series level.

BillOatman
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Once it gets added to your library, it will look just like any other library item, so that means metadata/image fetchers come into play, as well as what images you may have assigned at the series level.

Unfortunate but it is what it is.  Thanks for the clarification.