Album view missing in emby server v7.0.19

webpostkastl

webpostkastl

I got a message on my mobile phones & tablets that emby server needed to get updated (I was still on v4.5.4.0 and everything was working flawlessly on my DS916+)
so I tried to upgrade to 4.6.7.0 - which installed fine, but I was not able to actually run emby (tried multiple times but it simply wouldn't run, even rebooting my diskstation did not solve it)

there is already a similar thread where the issue was solved by upgrading to synology v7, but unfortunately that's not so easy for me, because I would have to migrate all my hard discs first....

then I saw that there is already a new beta version out and installed 4.7.0.19. - now it is running fine again on all my clients, but the ALBUM view is missing.

is this a known issue? I saw a lot of fixes mentioned in the release notes related to ALBUMS, so I'm afraid this might be specific to Synology systems still running on v6?

emby_Screenshot 2021-12-26 205041.jpg

Hi,

Was this only an upgrade of Emby Server to 4.6.7 and no change to Synology DSM OS?

Or did you also update DSM from version 6 to 7 as part of this process?

webpostkastl

Hi cayars, I just updated emby server. I'm still on DSM 6 and there weren't any updates DSM-wise

but the strange thing is, although I didn't mess around with it anymore yesterday I just  checked again and today suddenly the ALBUMS view shows up again (no idea how this can even happen, but you can check my screenshots). but now I'm facing another issue. almost all album covers are gone. even another library scan didn't fix this. Maybe I'll rather completely start from scratch and reinstall one of the newer server packages and all my clients

emby_Screenshot 2021-12-27 090600.jpg

webpostkastl

Hi @Luke, thanks for asking, but we can close this thread now - it is fixed. Although I'm not sure what was going on exactly since everything behaved really strange. I fixed it just by adding a new library - which was basically a duplicate of the old one (same settings, same source). And once the library scan of the new library was done the album cover images also showed up again - in both libraries. Then I deleted the new one - which resulted in also losing the album covers in my old library again (?!?). But I tried this a couple of times und after the third attempt everything is now fine again.

That's great news everything is working again.

By any chance are these media files on an external USB drive?

webpostkastl

no everything is located on some internal hard drives in my synology DS916+
same setup I'm using for years now (also the same music library with the same artist/album structure including folder.jpg for album artwork in each album folder), but I never experienced such issues prior before I had to update to the recent server version

That's perfect.  Only reason I asked is that it almost sounded like a drive was offline or removed, then added/came back online.

Could have just been the upgrade needed to get a full scan in as well which I think was the case with 4.6.5 or 6 in some cases depending on how old your database was.

Really doesn't matter now as you're all set and good to go!