Dropdown selections not working in the control panel

Harblar

Harblar

Dropdown selections in the Emby settings pages don't work at all for me on the last several updates. I'm trying to activate HDR tone mapping in the transcoding options but when I click the drop down to enable it, the dropdown list flashes super quick and goes away. no way for me to see or select anything. Seems to be the same on any other settings pages I try as well. Any boxes I can type in or boxes I can check work fine. Is this a known bug and/or are there any ways to restore functionality without doing a clean install? I'm running the docker version (currently 4.6.7.0). Thanks!

Hi, it's not a known bug. What browser are you using? With Chromium based browsers I occasionally see this on any website that uses standard dropdowns.

Harblar

I primarily use Chrome, but I just checked and it's doing the same thing in Microsoft edge. Oddly enough, when I check it via Chrome on my iphone 12 pro max, it works fine... so at least I'm able to make changes to dropdowns that way. Still no idea why it's doing it on my desktop.

Happy2Play
3 hours ago, Harblar said:

I primarily use Chrome, but I just checked and it's doing the same thing in Microsoft edge. Oddly enough, when I check it via Chrome on my iphone 12 pro max, it works fine... so at least I'm able to make changes to dropdowns that way. Still no idea why it's doing it on my desktop.

FYI

This browser is made possible by the Chromium open source project and other open source software.

Microsoft Edge
© 2021 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

I am guessing this is a platform prevalent issue as I have not seen this issue on Windows.

I have experienced this issue forever!

I am experiencing it too with my Chromium based browsers and Firefox Portable on my main Windows 10 machine.

eg: https://gfycat.com/zealousorganickoi

It only happens on this box, My laptop does not experience it. I think maybe something to do with Direct INPUT devices? I have a few Joysticks and Steering wheels connected to this machine.

Easy to wave a hand and say, oh its the computer... But the issue does not come up anywhere else for me on this box except the Emby server UI. Would appreciate some further help/investigation as to the root cause.

Happy2Play
On 12/29/2021 at 9:44 PM, kizza42 said:

I have experienced this issue forever!

I am experiencing it too with my Chromium based browsers and Firefox Portable on my main Windows 10 machine.

eg: https://gfycat.com/zealousorganickoi

It only happens on this box, My laptop does not experience it. I think maybe something to do with Direct INPUT devices? I have a few Joysticks and Steering wheels connected to this machine.

Easy to wave a hand and say, oh its the computer... But the issue does not come up anywhere else for me on this box except the Emby server UI. Would appreciate some further help/investigation as to the root cause.

As you have already stated it does not happen on another machine, so we know it is specific to a system and its environment.

There have been a few topics on Joystick/Steering Wheel/Controls/Touch Screen causing issues like/similar to this.

So if you disconnected these input devices do you get the same results?

kizza42

Yes I can, the strange part is that going to the site permissions and blocking HID access for the URL doesn't help the problem.

Do you guys run some script that parses for controller input?

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, kizza42 said:

Yes I can, the strange part is that going to the site permissions and blocking HID access for the URL doesn't help the problem.

Do you guys run some script that parses for controller input?

@Lukewill have to comment on controller input.

But your video shows some of the same discussion here.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/86540-any-way-to-disable-joystickgamepad-input

kizza42

Yeah, I swore I had seen complaints like this before but my searches came up blank until @Harblar posted about it the other day. I can understand why you might want to parse controllers for the Web app UI but not sure why it needs to be in the Server Dashboard/settings as well.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Harblar

I also have Joystick, throttle, rudder, VR, etc... connected to this particular PC. Obviously Emby server is running on a separate machine all together and is only accessed via an IP addrerss. The fact that the chromium browser on my iphone/ipad/etc... works fine makes me wonder the same thing as kizza42. I can't say for sure when this issue first started for me, but it wouldn't shock me if it was around the time I added those extra peripherals to my rig.

• 2 years later...
alex194
On 29/01/2022 at 02:50, Harblar said:

I also have Joystick, throttle, rudder, VR, etc... connected to this particular PC. Obviously Emby server is running on a separate machine all together and is only accessed via an IP addrerss. The fact that the chromium browser on my iphone/ipad/etc... works fine makes me wonder the same thing as kizza42. I can't say for sure when this issue first started for me, but it wouldn't shock me if it was around the time I added those extra peripherals to my rig.

I figured out how to disable those joystick inputs in emby. It appears a javascript is responsible and so far everything appears to run fine without it.