api Played and PlayCount fields have bad values for TV Series

mchahn

In UserData there are Played and PlayCount fields.  I see a PlayCount of zero in all tv series and the Played value is not matching the played checkmark in a TV series webpage in Roku.  I assume they are both supposed to be related to whether episodes that have been watched.

Is anyone else seeing these problems?  Are they known problems?

Hi, I just checked and it seems to be working OK for me. Here's an example url, taken from the browser network inspector in the web app, TV library -> Shows tab:

http://localhost:8096/emby/Users/{userid}/Items?SortBy=SortName&SortOrder=Ascending&IncludeItemTypes=Series&Recursive=true&Fields=BasicSyncInfo%2CCanDelete%2CPrimaryImageAspectRatio&ImageTypeLimit=1&EnableImageTypes=Primary%2CBackdrop%2CThumb&StartIndex=0&ParentId={ParentId}&Limit=50

Thanks.

I copied your url, replaced localhost with my server address, replaced my ids, added the token,  and I still have the problems.  The field UserData.PlayCount is all zeros.  That does mean how many shows have been watched, right?  Using the wrong user id could cause this but my IsFavorite fields are correct.  Is playcount visible in the web, roku, or android clients?  That would be a good cross-check.

I'm running version 4.6.4.0 on ubuntu.  Any ideas on how I could chase this down? 

BTW,  what is showRunTimeTicks?  It would be great if it was typical run-time of episodes in the series.

Happy2Play

From a "Series" standpoint isn't that correct?  As the count is for played count if for "Episodes" not a "Series".  @Luke

{
      "Name": "Hawkeye (2021)",
      "ServerId": "5b8c8a53cc0d4f4fb6c0480ef3c918cc",
      "Id": "446270",
      "IsFolder": true,
      "Type": "Series",
      "UserData": {
        "UnplayedItemCount": 2,
        "PlaybackPositionTicks": 0,
        "PlayCount": 0,
        "IsFavorite": false,
        "Played": false
      }

Two things.  PlayCount is returned in the series view so I assumed it gave the count of all episodes played for that series.  Why else would it be there?  Second of all, Played is there and is set correctly for many series if not always correct in my case.

@Luke, can you clarify?  When you said it worked for you I assumed you meant PlayCount and Played were returned correctly for the series.

Yes I have playCount values coming from the series but now that I think about it, they're probably junk values that came from Emby development.

Looking at the code, we don't track this at the series level. It's probably a good idea to do that, but we don't currently.

I can peruse the seasons and episodes to gather what I need.  My web app only works at the series level and I thought I could get everything I needed from a series view.  If the api hadn't teased me I wouldn't have thought twice about it.  🙂

My app is coming along nicely.  Copying and pasting the urls from chrome has been easy.  Easier than using swagger.  We need this app because we have over 1000 tv series (!) and we lost all control.  It is sort of hoarding and we need to clean it up.  My recording of shows dates back to 1980.  My kids, who are now in their 40's, never saw a commercial growing up.  They were confused the first time they watched tv at a friend's house.

Thanks to both of you.

Yea I think it probably makes sense to make PlayCount available the series level, we just have to look at how that will be accomplished. Thanks.