media path in mediainfo

dahouet

Hello 

i'm struggling with an issue about media path in mediainfo on the web emby interface

For some libraries the information is missing, some not for the same emby user (with full access)

i've recreated the library for one path the information appears,

and i've recreated an other one, information is not displayed.

Please note, each library has the field "Shared network folder" populated

i'm using Emby Server 4.6.4.0 on Synology DSM 7

Side note: i'm testing with docker the beta version 4.7.0.19 Beta with the same behaviour

Thanks for your support

Regards

Hi, you're referring to the this Media Info at the bottom of the media's detail screen correct? DSM 7 on this system as well.
image.png.4eeebdddd0acd4e00ae5ed4fc761fa41.png

Does the other user get this? Basically the same info but not the actual path?  If so it's because only admins see where files are located.
image.png.05888118967a7687859dd8c5a6ba1936.png

If this isn't what you're referring to take a couple screen shots and show us your/admin view vs user view.

Yes i'm exactly referring to this.

With the same emby user, i can see a path like yours (\\SYNOLOGY....mkv) on some library but it does not appear on an other library

which rights are you referring to ?

My user has all checked in "Profile" section and also has "Enable access to all libraries"

thanks

image.png.0ac94a84ec84411188be86179117e79a.png

Right here is the difference.  You only see the path info if you have "manage the server" rights.

Happy2Play

Sounds like a ffprobe issue if one library shows the info and another library does not.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Can you restart Emby or rotate server logs via Emby Scheduled Task, perform Library scan and post the server log.

I'm almost certain he's talking about the manage server option which shows you the path.  Users without that right don't see the path in Media Info.
Of course you do not want to grant "manage server" to anyone unless you want them to also be an admin of the system with the ability to do anything you can do.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, cayars said:

I'm almost certain he's talking about the manage server option which shows you the path.  Users without that right don't see the path in Media Info.
Of course you do not want to grant "manage server" to anyone unless you want them to also be an admin of the system with the ability to do anything you can do.

But OP says same user.  If same user, then there can't be a difference unless the media is not imported properly.

38 minutes ago, dahouet said:

With the same emby user, i can see a path like yours (\\SYNOLOGY....mkv) on some library but it does not appear on an other library

@cayars Actually my issue is with the same emby user having "Allow this user to manage the server" , i can see the path on some libraries but not on all of them

@Happy2Play : the path is the only missing part, i have the media info

2126278046_Capturedecran2021-12-23a23_45_55.png.bc888d68fed320b86638fbdd9c0d8c1d.png

You mean "Scan Library Files", right ?

Will do

Thanks

Happy2Play

Are these by chance STRM files?

strm

image.png.edc10cc1928e17248776e64089a7ae54.png

real

image.png.beca1f0c59656a13b11ec3477fcb7ee5.png

Edited by Happy2Play

8 minutes ago, Luke said:

I'll have to double check but I believe we only show the path for admin users.

By chance hard coded to the first/admin user vs anyone with the manage server right?
I made an assumption earlier with out checking but knew it's admin related.

Happy2Play

All I can suggest is log after scan or go to an item that is missing this info and Refresh the item and provide the server log.

I think i found the difference but it may still be a bug :

The working library has as network path a SMB share : \\@ip\...

The non working library has as network path a nfs share : nfs://@ip/...

Thanks

The non working library has as network path a nfs share : nfs://@ip/...

You created an emby library using an nfs:// folder path?

Actually no.

From what i see, the path shown in MediaInfo is the "(Optional) Shared network folder" parameter in the library.

So working library :

1588412993_Capturedecran2021-12-24a17_31_56.thumb.png.50e9aa3e3528997f624bb7b1c8066f65.png

Result :

1549821458_Capturedecran2021-12-24a00_02_23.png.0bcdb59af40534c21852d5e1549f15d3.png

Non Working library :

1270305563_Capturedecran2021-12-24a17_33_25.thumb.png.a9ab7fe7d777a2d726b66eecebd10e4d.png

Result :

1668911909_Capturedecran2021-12-24a17_34_29.thumb.png.78d1ee51fdef9c516c20c3847fd2735d.png

Thanks for your support.

Regards

• 3 months later...

By any change an update on this bug? I'm also using NFS folders and can confirm (for Emby 4.6.7.0) that media paths are not shown for admin users, like reported in this thread.