"Unable to connect" from 4.5.4 on

Wurstinator

Wurstinator

Hi,
I've been using Emby Server on my Raspberry Pi 4 with openmediavault 5 for about a year now in a portainer-managed docker container in Emby version 4.5.2.

I tried to update my Emby server today to the latest stable and, using the same configuration and URL as before, am now "unable to connect" to the web interface. When I roll back to 4.5.2, everything works fine. I am also able to upgrade to 4.5.3 without problems. Only when I move to 4.5.4, 4.6, or 4.7 am I unable to connect to the server anymore. And, again, I am always able to move back to 4.5.2 or 4.5.3 to have it working again, so I don't see that any files are corrupted or the configuration is wrong.

The Android app is also unable to reach the server, so it doesn't seem like a frontend error.

Attached is my container log from the 4.5.4 run, which looks suspiciously empty to me.

Did anything change from 4.5.3 to 4.5.4 which requires a different setup?

edit: You know how it goes; just posing a question to someone else can help you find the answer yourself.

The logs contain a message mentioning an outdated version of libseccomp and providing a link to https://docs.linuxserver.io/faq#libseccomp to fix it. I didn't play it much attention since that page doesn't list any known issues with Emby but apparently it does have them. Unfortunately, I see no way for me to edit that page and add that information. Updating my libseccomp to the newest version fixed the problem for me and I'm now able to run and connect to any new server version. I'll leave this up in case someone stumbles upon it from Google but feel free to delete this thread if you feel that it doesn't provide anything constructive to the forum.

_emby_logs_4_5_4_0.txt

Edited by Wurstinator
Solution found