No way to watch Portrait videos vertically

kosoy

Hi,

I have quite a lot of videos that were filmed vertically that I'd like to view on my iPhone. Unfortunately, when I click play these videos are auto-rotated into landscape mode, meaning that the content becomes small and hard to watch. There is no way rotate the video back into portrait as far as I can tell - no button on screen to force it to rotate; I've tried turning the phone with Portrait Orientation Lock Off and turning the Lock on - no luck

Is there actually a way to watch portrait content vertically that I am missing? 

Versions:

iPhoneX 

iOS 15.1 (19B74)

Emby for iOS 2.1.1

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
akbumpkin

Really hoping we can get the Emby native video player to recognize portrait mode on our home videos and play them properly in the near future. I’ve been a premiere subscriber for years and have been extremely satisfied with all Emby has to offer. The developers are absolute wizards and very good at listening to the wants and needs of we the users (really great work, team!). My entire extended family is using Emby daily now for so many things, but perhaps the most important is our family photos and videos. This issue of the portrait mode videos displaying sideways is particularly disappointing. Perhaps I can help bump the priority here. Thank you!

• Thanks 1