Live TV unable to play feed from HDHomeRunner after a while

simoncraddock

simoncraddock

Anyone else come across this problem?

Latest Emby Server Version : 4.6.7.0

QNAP x86 NAS
HDHomeRunner
NVdia Shield

I can be watching a channel for hours, switch channel several times but if I exit Emby and then go bak to Live TV it can't play the feed from the HDHomerunner until I restart Emby from the Dashboard.
If I try any app that can acess the Homerunner such as Android Live Channels its as though Emby won't let go of the stream.

Just realised it seems to be when I'm recording a channel.

Edited by simoncraddock
typo

simoncraddock
52 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there @simoncraddock can we please look at an example?

Thanks.

Some logs attached.

I started recording DRAMA and tried to watch another channel and got an error saying unable to tune channel at this time.

If I cancel the recording I can view other another channel fine.

I've just found also that if I'm watching or recording Live TV I can not use Live TV on any other device in the house.

ffmpeg-remux-95c5ea7a-d70c-4baf-9505-e1186910208f_1.txt ffmpeg-remux-b3d19316-8770-4f81-8b7d-30e1b529bd9a_1.txt

embyserver.txt

Edited by simoncraddock

simoncraddock

I have solved this for now thanks.

I deleted the HDHR from Emby, rebooted Emby and added it back in and so far its playing nicely again.

If it happens again I'll reach out for help again.

Thanks

• Like 1

BillOatman

@simoncraddock  There were issues where depending upon how you stopped watching the HDHR channels, Emby would not release the channel. So eventually the HDHR thought it had no more tuners available.  I lost track if that was fixed or not, but that's what this sounds like. If it happens again you can open up your HDHR app and check the tuner status.

Edited by BillOatman
  • Like 1

simoncraddock
1 hour ago, BillOatman said:

@simoncraddock  There were issues where depending upon how you stopped watching the HDHR channels, Emby would not release the channel. So eventually the HDHR thought it had no more tuners available.  I lost track if that was fixed or not, but that's what this sounds like. If it happens again you can open up your HDHR app and check the tuner status.

you could be right actually.

I've just checked my HDHR and 2 out of the 4 tuners are still in use yet nothing is being watched or recorded.

image.png.b35d8450f82e881dd5cd131ea717e8e5.png

BillOatman

@simoncraddock  I guess it's not fixed yet then. Tagging @Luke for comment.

If you have a windows machine on your network, I wrote a little app that will reboot your HDHR which at least would keep from needing to restart Emby.

Edited by BillOatman
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BillOatman said:

@simoncraddock  I guess it's not fixed yet then. Tagging @Luke for comment.

If you have a windows machine on your network, I wrote a little app that will reboot your HDHR which at least would keep from needing to restart Emby.

Is that using the hdhomerun_config <device id> command with

set /sys/restart self

I've put that in a batch file to make it easy to use.  I have one for each different HDHomeRun I have. :)

Thee are actually a lot of things you can do from the command line with hdhomerun_config program.
https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/hdhomerun_config

• Like 2

BillOatman
4 hours ago, cayars said:

Is that using the hdhomerun_config <device id> command with

set /sys/restart self

I've put that in a batch file to make it easy to use.  I have one for each different HDHomeRun I have. :)

Thee are actually a lot of things you can do from the command line with hdhomerun_config program.
https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/hdhomerun_config

Yeah basically i just wrote a little command line thing to do it :)

Edit:  Actually no I didn't, I did what you did :)  A bat file with this:

"c:\Program Files\Silicondust\HDHomeRun\hdhomerun_config.exe" myHDHRid set /sys/restart self

Edited by BillOatman
  • Like 2

simoncraddock
On 24/12/2021 at 21:45, cayars said:

Have you tested it yet @simoncraddock?
Neither of us mentioned it but hdhomerun_config.exe needs to be downloaded and installed if not already.

I have yes all working fine. Set up a scheduled task to reboot it early morning.

Thanks.

• Like 1