Media Sync

roberthleeii

roberthleeii

I know there has been talk about media sync coming to the apps so we can watch offline, but have not heard anything about it for a few months. Is this still the plan? Is there any time frame available?

Yes it is being worked on. Would you like to see this get done faster? Then help out by coming to the forum once a day and answering one user question for us. The more you guys can contribute with that, the more time we can spend building you these great features.

saitoh183

Will this be only available to mobile products? Like i have a windows 8 tablet and it would be great if i could just sync what i want to watch on the go and not have a second MBS running on my Tablet  in order to use the windows 8 app. Also will it be able to sync watch status back to the main library when we are back on our Lan since when your on the go, you dont always have internet connection to sync to trakt.

The Windows 8 store app is considered a mobile app and should support this feature when implemented.

The thing with this particular feature is that it requires not only the infrastructure on the server but for all the apps to support it - which is no small task.  So, this one will probably take a while to evolve.

ctrlaltdefeat

The Windows 8 store app is considered a mobile app and should support this feature when implemented.

The thing with this particular feature is that it requires not only the infrastructure on the server but for all the apps to support it - which is no small task.  So, this one will probably take a while to evolve.

I understand that, but.. just for the heck of it.. Do you have any guess on when it will/could be functional?

Like, in a month, in half a year, not before 2015, or something like that?

Cheesegeezer

Sorry, no.  Any timeframe I give you would be a complete guess and a potential disappointment.

You should do what GE does and quote lead times you know you're gonna hit!! Like Summer 2018 :lol:

• Like 1

Okay.  Everyone - I'm pretty confident in announcing here today that this feature will more than likely be available by the summer of 2018 - unless something comes up to prevent that.

:D

• Like 2

roberthleeii

will that be early in the summer? or late summer? :D:P:lol:

If you need beta testers I am open and have windows phones and windows tablets and pcs with 8.1.

I have some minor dev experience from when I got board one summer when I was not teaching summer school and made a windows phone app. really enjoyed it but never could get my head around database programming to make more interesting apps that summer.

ctrlaltdefeat

Wow awesome to hear, I was playing a bit with Plex (since it has a working sync feature), and I really really hate it, it's all but user-friendly.

Can't wait to try it out!

Will this be a paid feature or anything? (I don't mind if it is)

michaeltruncale

Is it possible to download a movie from the server to a mobile device (similar to Vudu, UltraViolet, etc) so that you could watch the movie while flying on an airplane or any other situation where you have not Internet? Then delete from the mobile device at will when finished watching?

Also the ability to choose to download in SD or HD?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Error: nested too deep (infinite recursion?)

:))

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...