Vote on feature requests?

farside847

farside847

Hi there, I was wondering if it is possible for users to vote on future features? I think this might be valuable for the Devs if they knew how many people are looking for the same feature. 

Just a thought :)

Happy2Play

You just have to like the first post in the feature request.  This ups the reputation of the request.

• Like 1

Just like the feature requests you want to see happen using the "Like This" button on the first post in the thread. That is how you "vote".

• Like 1

farside847

Thanks guys!

I will search in this area and see if my requests already exist and add new threads if they dont. Thanks!!!

In summary, these are the items. As you can tell I primarily use the roku for playback:

Server/Roku/Web client: ability to search for live TV shows to aid in finding recordings (I have heard this is on roadmap)

Server/Roku: automatically create and support for FF/RW trick play via bif files (or something better) (I have heard this is on roadmap)

Server/Roku: smoother encoding of live TV for live sports In 60fps and roku playback at 30fps.

Roku: live TV Guide in grid view

Roku: ability to manage recordings/series

Thanks again!

Edited by farside847
  • Like 1

• 5 years later...
MBSki

I was about to post a new feature request for this, but found this one that seems to match. 

@Luke @ebr Can you please implement a REAL voting system? Liking the first post and manually curating the most "liked" features is NOT a real voting system. Users shouldn't have to read instructions to figure out that they need to like the first post in order to vote. I didn't even find that out until a month ago and I've been an Emby user for 8 months. 

The even bigger issue is that the only sorted listed of voted features is manually curated. The list needs to be computer sortable not human sortable in order for it to be useful.

• Like 1