Unable to connect to Samsung TV

BenMalone

BenMalone

I have Emby server installed on my Macbook Pro, and the Emby app on my Samsung smart tv (it's less than a year old, and it's one of their new 85" models). I can successfully connect to the server from my Samsung phone on the same network as my laptop, but am unable to do so from my TV. I do not have an SSL installed on my network anywhere (unless it's native on my tv, which would be news to me). The Emby app on my tv auto-detects the server on my laptop, but one of two things happens when I try to connect: either clicking on the server does nothing (the motion on the button suggests that it's registering my click, but it doesn't try to connect, nor does it give me an error message. It literally does nothing), or I am able to attempt to connect and after about ten seconds of the spinning wheel, I get "Connection Failure: We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again."

I have tried manually adding the server instead of auto-connecting, and have also tried signing in using Emby Connect. None of those methods will connect me to the server.

Plex has stopped supporting smart tv apps so I'm looking for an alternative, and Emby seems to check all the boxes, except for this one minor detail: being able to connect to the server on my TV.