Contents of certain folder being messed up

tisron13

tisron13

Hi,

I run Emby from a Asus Nimbustor AS5304T and all is well apart from one little niggle, and that is that a certain folder in TV section doesn't seem to be able to deal with TV programs which are title as numbers, namely '24' and '4400'.

Let me explain. I have a huge collection of media which I have broke down into its' various categories, such as Movies, Movies_Animation, TV_Series, TV_Documentaries, TV_Classic Shows, TV_Comedy, etc you get the general drift. To make things easier to find when needed, say to edit or make an addition, I have placed the items of each category into alphabetically ordered folders, that is folders named as 0-9, A, B, C....Z. With me so far? Good.

Everything works great, as I'd expect, except for one folder, the one in TV_Series labelled 0-9. For some reason anything in this folder gets some weird and wonderful titles such as naming an episode as a whole series, or calling a season as a title from another series elsewhere. I only have 2 series in this folder, 24 and 4400. if I take these series out of folder 0-9, then they come up as normal. As a matter of interest, folders labelled 0-9 in other categories show up fine, even other TV categories. The problem only seems to be with TV series whose names are numbers.

So what's going on with this? Be grateful to hear if anyone else has this problem, or if it's only me, and is there a solution?

Best wishes,

Ron

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, tisron13 said:

I have placed the items of each category into alphabetically ordered folders, that is folders named as 0-9, A, B, C....Z.

...the one in TV_Series labelled 0-9

...and is there a solution?

I have it labeled simply "#". And I have each of those subfolders added as separate path in library settings.

Edit:

265586358_Screenshot2021-12-18120105.png.c1b397c561613f2eb01a7dcb341ee08d.png

947920750_Screenshot2021-12-18120150.png.131169bbc8383c5b953faa52b76685eb.png

Edited by GrimReaper
Screens

Happy2Play

Have seen issues in this area but having year in your Series/Show folder name usually resolves any issue.

image.thumb.png.85efa682ff825cd75c89b4a0a9435aea.png

image.thumb.png.2858ece2549bbc671dda672ac4991597.png

image.png.09f8eeb7cfd32a1c3f0d3b3a8626f76c.png

tisron13

Hi Guys,

Have to report that neither of those suggestions worked for me. I have to say that with my previous PC there was no problem with this, it worked fine. The problem seems to have started when I started using a new PC. The drives in the NAS are the same, in fact everything is as it previously was. The only change has been a new PC with an NVME2 ssd instead of a SATA one. So I'm at a loss. It's no deal breaker, more an annoyance. Thanks

22 hours ago, tisron13 said:

Hi Guys,

Have to report that neither of those suggestions worked for me. I have to say that with my previous PC there was no problem with this, it worked fine. The problem seems to have started when I started using a new PC. The drives in the NAS are the same, in fact everything is as it previously was. The only change has been a new PC with an NVME2 ssd instead of a SATA one. So I'm at a loss. It's no deal breaker, more an annoyance. Thanks

@tisron13 what exactly did you try?

• 2 weeks later...
tisron13

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the replies and apologies for not replying sooner. What I've done is created folders for series according to their start letter, in other words, in alphabetical order, so series starting with A go into folder A, B into folder B, and so on. I've done this to make everything easier to manage as I have such a large library. A problem arises when I create a folder called "0 - 9" and place any series which is non alphabetical, but numerical, for example the series 24. When I place this series into the 0 - 9 folder the behaviour is somewhat different from what I expect. To show this I attach two sets of images to show what is happening.

The first set shows how 24 behaves when it is NOT in folder 0 - 9, and the second set shows when it is.

24 no folder A.png

24 no folder B.png

24 no folder C.png

24 no folder D.png

24 no folder E.png

24 with folder A.png

24 with folder C.png

24 with folder D.png

24 with folder E.png

24 with folder.png

Edited by tisron13
left ip address on images

GrimReaper

As stated here:

On 12/18/2021 at 11:58 AM, GrimReaper said:

I have each of those subfolders added as separate path in library settings.

you can avoid any/all issues if you add those letter subfolders as separate paths. It should take you like 2-3 minutes and be done with it.

270551752_Screenshot2022-01-07115548.thumb.png.76bb329b1fcaa9a6ab47f825dedd17f8.png

• Agree 1

tisron13

Grim Reaper,

Thanks for that but I have tried that, the problem occurs if I try to put a non alphabetic title into a non alphabetic folder be it called 0-9, #, or whatever.

The thing is, that before I got this my current PC, I didn't have this problem, everything just worked. So in my opinion there's a setting in either emby or asustor that needs fixed. Then again it could be an update or something courtesy of windows (laughs).

It's no deal breaker just an annoyance as I like to keep everything neat and tidy.

Thanks

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, tisron13 said:

the problem occurs if I try to put a non alphabetic title into a non alphabetic folder be it called 0-9, #, or whatever.

Not sure what do you mean by that.

tisron13

Luke,

when I created the folder for library set up, it was under the "TV_SERIES A-O", and was/is mapped out accordingly, and set up in Asustor shares correctly

This consisted of 27 sub-folders titled as 0-9,A,B,C....X,Y,Z. As worked on my previous PC, I saw/see no reason to change it.

tisron13

GrimReaper,

What I mean is thus.

Non-alphabetical (numerical) folder = #, 0-9, etc. (items placed in this so named folder give strange results as shown in screenshot sent earlier)

Non_alphabetical (numerical) title = 24, 4400, 100, #, etc. ( behave as expected if not placed in folder )

Non-numerical (alphabetical) folder = A, B, C, etc

Non-numerical (alphabetical) title = title beginning with A, B, C, etc, and placed in appropriate folder of A, B, C, etc.

On 1/9/2022 at 3:58 AM, tisron13 said:

Happy2Play,

Putting a date after the title makes no difference, I'd all ready tried that

What exactly did you do?