Resume not working after random disconnect

khodges747

khodges747

If a playing video file on the XBox One app is unintentionally interrupted, the resume feature no longer works. If I just stop playing a file (pause or stop) and then try to resume it works fine, but if the file stops playing for any other reason that is not me purposely stopping it , the resume function doesn't restart the file. In general it just shows the very first frame in the file and then sits there doing nothing, but for some TV shows it will play a few seconds and then stop again.

I don't see this problem in the web app or the Android app, but I only use them occasionally.

I've attached the log file.

embyserver.txt

khodges747

I mean a network disconnect, wifi glitch, etc. Basically it's some momentary problem that cuts off the playing.

khodges747

More info on this...

It appears that this is related to the use of "fast forward" or "skip" (30 seconds in my setup). If I'm playing a file and use the skip function once or twice, no problem. But if I use it 3 or 4 or 5 times in a short period of time, EMBY (on XBox One) freezes and will not resume. I can not make it work, even if I restart the server and even sometimes if I restart (hard restart) the XBox.

Yet on Android, or the MBT for PC app, or the web app, I can resume the same file where it stopped. Seems to me to be a problem with the XBox One app only.

Here's another log file.

embyserver.txt

heathen666

We have the same problem with emby loaded on our nvidia shield. Our smart tv will go to sleep if we pause a program but don't resume after 3-4 mins so when we come back, program thinks the file ended sooner than expected & we are forced to restart & then fast fwd to where we left off. 

13 hours ago, heathen666 said:

We have the same problem with emby loaded on our nvidia shield. Our smart tv will go to sleep if we pause a program but don't resume after 3-4 mins so when we come back, program thinks the file ended sooner than expected & we are forced to restart & then fast fwd to where we left off. 

We'll look at improving it. Thanks for the feedback.