Guide Data Stops Working - HDHomeRun Firmware Migrated From 20150826

nyryanfamily

nyryanfamily

"Emby Guide Data" Stopoed Working .  Had been working with HDHomeRun Firmware 20150826 but when I migrated to firmware 20210624 it stopped.

Emby Verision 4.6.7.0 docker container emby/embyserver.  I have the  HDHomeRun PRIME Model: HDHR3-CC

You can see that errors in this screen shot.  Log file attached.  Attempting to refresh the guide data; I see it start but then quickly finishes without updating the guide.

image.thumb.png.24c9b64a729cfe0bf9cf5e07fb30f5c3.png

Attempting to address the issue

log.txt

Edited by nyryanfamily

Not directly related to your issue but your Linux box needs adjusting as you appear to be using default inotify numbers which typically are never large enough for a media server.
System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: The configured user limit (8192) on the number of inotify watches

The guide itself was loaded as shown by the many lines similar to this:
2021-12-17 16:00:56.595 Info LiveTV: Found epg channel in Emby Guide Data USA-NY67790-X MC14 31030

What I would since you just updated firmware is load up the HDHomeRun config software and do a channel scan on your tuner.  Then using HDHomeRun software try playing a few channels to make sure everything is working correctly outside of Emby.

Take note of the IP address of the HDHomeRun itself (in case it changed) and try opening the tuners webpage with that IP.
Then go back into Emby and edit the tuner.  Make sure the IPs match and save the tuner.  That should pull the channel list as well as reload the guide.

If by some chance it's still not working and you see the Not mapped to guide message go to Live TV, click the channels tab and try playing back a channel or two.

Let us know how you make out.

nyryanfamily

>System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: The configured user limit (8192) on the number of inotify watches

Cleaned this up on a Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS host with two commands:

• echo fs.inotify.max_user_watches=16384 | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf
  • sudo sysctl -p

> What I would since you just updated firmware is load up the HDHomeRun config software and do a channel scan on your tuner.

Works no issues

>Then using HDHomeRun software try playing a few channels to make sure everything is working correctly outside of Emby.

Slight challenge with this because I have two subnets one for devices and one for the HDHomerun.  Might sound a little odd but I use a pfSense router that subnets LAN ports.  HDHomerun software has a requirement that they be on the same network.  It works with Plex and worked with Emby prior to the HDHomerun firmware update.

>Take note of the IP address of the HDHomeRun itself (in case it changed) and try opening the tuners webpage with that IP.

I assign a hostname and static DHCP address to the HDHomerun.  No problems with IP Addr.  Either by name or IP works via a browser.  No issues.

>Then go back into Emby and edit the tuner.  Make sure the IPs match and save the tuner.  That should pull the channel list as well as reload the guide.

>If by some chance it's still not working and you see the Not mapped to guide message go to Live TV, click the channels tab and try playing back a channel or two.

Everything works (connects to the device, pulls channel list, plays channels, records channels) just no channel mapping.  I can manually map without a problem.   The only issue I have is automatic mapping no longer occurs.

On 12/17/2021 at 4:17 PM, nyryanfamily said:

"Emby Guide Data" Stopoed Working .  Had been working with HDHomeRun Firmware 20150826 but when I migrated to firmware 20210624 it stopped.

Emby Verision 4.6.7.0 docker container emby/embyserver.  I have the  HDHomeRun PRIME Model: HDHR3-CC

You can see that errors in this screen shot.  Log file attached.  Attempting to refresh the guide data; I see it start but then quickly finishes without updating the guide.

image.thumb.png.24c9b64a729cfe0bf9cf5e07fb30f5c3.png

Attempting to address the issue

log.txt 402.96 kB · 1 download

Based on this screenshot it looks like you need to update the mappings for each channel. To do this, simply click on a channel in channel management, and then update the guide data mapping. 

You can see right there that none of them are mapped to any guide data channel. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.