I wish it was possible ...

chudak

Hello all

I needed to map my channels with new IPTV list and saw many new improvements in this area.

It's great!  Good job @Luke !

One thing I wish existed.

Say I have channels that have to be manually mapped as in here:

image.png.a29fec64b8e066b23f1497aa31d442c7.png

Right now when I select Guide data source, I have to look thru all options in the drop-down below to do a proper mapping.

I wish Emby had an option to perform an automatic search and propose matches.  That'd be really cool !

Thx

If the provider had a decent guide source it would match the channel list and you wouldn't have to do this.  Kind of like how it "just works" for cable TV and Emby Guide data.

But, I'll know that's a pipe dream for these kinds of services. :)

So let me ask you what exactly would it try to use to match the channel to the guide?

1 minute ago, cayars said:

If the provider had a decent guide source it would match the channel list and you wouldn't have to do this.  Kind of like how it "just works" for cable TV and Emby Guide data.

But, I'll know that's a pipe dream for these kinds of services. :)

So let me ask you what exactly would it try to use to match the channel to the guide?

From the screen above, I would add a button “search for possible matches”, after click it’d take the “One HD” string and compare it against the list loaded in Guide data channel 

Found matches would be shown in a new list, or else and then user would be able to select from those options 

makes sense?

Oh that's different.  You want a manual search and I agree that could be handy.  I just didn't know what an automatic one would do as Emby has already tried matching a couple ways.

Just handling the dialog a slightly different way would work as well.  If it weren't a drop down list box that disappears but you had the whole list open you could CTRL-F to use the browsers normal find function which could be a very easy method.