remote acess is not working

fiddlerCS
Go to solution Solved by fiddlerCS,

fiddlerCS

Hi,

for some reason, remote access is not working. my public ip address has changed and now i cant remote access outside my home network.

Im sure my configuration is correct(remote option is enabled) and ports are forwarded.

please help

fiddlerCS
4 minutes ago, fiddlerCS said:

Hi,

for some reason, remote access is not working. my public ip address has changed and now i cant remote access outside my home network.

Im sure my configuration is correct(remote option is enabled) and ports are forwarded.

please help

one more thing, it might be issue related to firewall but im not sure

fiddlerCS
49 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, I would suggest checking out our connection troubleshooter:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001849007-connectivity

Please try the steps listed there and let us know which ones succeed and which ones do not. Thanks !

i tried every possible option but still no luck, today was working fine and now im trying for the past 5 hours...

The few things you want to check is the IP of the local Emby Server.  It could have received a new IP.
Either make it static or assign it a dedicated DHCP lease so it always has the same IP.

Next login to your router and verify the port forward goes to that IP address.  Same with the ports.  Make sure the destination port matches your Emby setup.

Hopefully, this is not the case but it's possible your WAN IP changed because your provider make changes to their network such as instituting CGNAT which would mean you no longer have a true public IP address.  A couple ways you can check this is open www.canyouseeme.org in a browser and verify the IP is the same as what Emby's Dashboard shows for remote IP.

From the Emby Server do a tracert (windows) or traceroute (linux) to 8.8.8.8.

You want to look at the first set of IPs.  The first one should be something like 192.168.0.1 or 1.1 which is your home router.  The very next one after this should be your provider and not another router in your house (double nat).  Then keep looking at the next 4 of 5 entries to see if any of those start with 10 or 192 or 172. If it's a 172.x address we need to look at the second number as well and are only concerned if the number is 16 to 31.  Those are all reserved IP ranges that aren't publicly routable.

Let us know what you find.

fiddlerCS
3 hours ago, cayars said:

The few things you want to check is the IP of the local Emby Server.  It could have received a new IP.
Either make it static or assign it a dedicated DHCP lease so it always has the same IP.

Next login to your router and verify the port forward goes to that IP address.  Same with the ports.  Make sure the destination port matches your Emby setup.

Hopefully, this is not the case but it's possible your WAN IP changed because your provider make changes to their network such as instituting CGNAT which would mean you no longer have a true public IP address.  A couple ways you can check this is open www.canyouseeme.org in a browser and verify the IP is the same as what Emby's Dashboard shows for remote IP.

From the Emby Server do a tracert (windows) or traceroute (linux) to 8.8.8.8.

You want to look at the first set of IPs.  The first one should be something like 192.168.0.1 or 1.1 which is your home router.  The very next one after this should be your provider and not another router in your house (double nat).  Then keep looking at the next 4 of 5 entries to see if any of those start with 10 or 192 or 172. If it's a 172.x address we need to look at the second number as well and are only concerned if the number is 16 to 31.  Those are all reserved IP ranges that aren't publicly routable.

Let us know what you find.

thank you for replying,

I spoke with my ISP, they said port frowding is blocked on my router. i think this is why i  have the issue

• Solution
fiddlerCS

thank you all for replying, finlly i can remote connect!!

to be honest i did not change any settings, it just worked for no reason.

If you called your ISP and they said it was blocked they likely removed this for you which is why it now just works. :)

Just as a precaution, I would login to your router and give the DMZ and port-forwarding a once look to make sure DMZ is off and only needed ports are open.  Better safe than sorry and should only take a couple minutes to very in case your ISP did make changes and went to far.

Have you had a chance to test this remotely yet?
What kind of upload bandwidth do you have when running a speed test at these two sites? How's the latency and jitter numbers?
https://speedof.me/
https://speed.cloudflare.com